_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
5./SG2 FW 190F-8 help
plastickjunkie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 399 posts
AeroScale: 132 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 01:59 AM UTC
I have been searching the internet for additional pictures and info on "Black 3" flown by Eugen Lorcher of 5./SG 2 with negative results. This aircraft is featured in EagleCals sheet #91 but has limited info. It states the reference source was Jet & Prop Magazine 3/95 page 16 which I have been unable to locate.

I suspect the gear bay and inside gear door colors were NMF as was most of the aircraft.

If anyone has this magazine issue or any additional pictures, views and information regarding the paint colors, etc. please PM me, I will greatly appreciate your help.
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 04:48 PM UTC
Hi Ernie,

there are only two pix (of poor quality) of the crash landed "Black 3", so definitely no help on underside and wheel bay colours. Your guess is as good as any other....

all the best

Steffen
plastickjunkie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 399 posts
AeroScale: 132 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 10:50 PM UTC
Steffen

I finally got some answers about the article in another forum but of little use as there was no information about the aircraft details but an interesting account of his ordeal to get away from the Russians with his fiancée in the rear fuselage where the radio equipment was removed so she could fit.

I suspect since the aircraft had NMF sides and lower fuselage the inside of the gear doors and wells were the same.
 _GOTOTOP