_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
News
Silver Wings: CURTISS P-6E HAWK Release Update!
tinbanger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,507 posts
AeroScale: 1,814 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2014 - 06:34 AM UTC

Silver Wings web site has more info on their Curtiss P-6E.rnAndy Brazier first published about this in the "News" :-rnhttp://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/news/17186

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2014 - 04:44 AM UTC
What an outstanding model of a truly outstanding golden era aircraft. I'm really sitting on the fence about this one.
tinbanger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2014 - 08:30 PM UTC
Well said Joel! I will add this one to my wish list.
SgtRam
Staff MemberEditor-at-Large
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
AeroScale: 511 posts
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2014 - 09:35 PM UTC
I would like to add this one to my wish list, the price is not listed on the website, and I am afraid to ask.
tinbanger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2014 - 10:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I would like to add this one to my wish list, the price is not listed on the website, and I am afraid to ask.

Last time I picked up one it was about $120 cdn inc s & h.
Kevlar06
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
AeroScale: 833 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 30, 2014 - 06:17 AM UTC
They appeared at our LHS (the only one in the Seattle-Tacoma area now) in September. I picked mine up right away before the rush. It's an incredible kit, and the local shop owner and I thought we were looking at plastic in the box, it's so well engineered and molded. The only give-away besides weight were the two large pour plugs in the tail area. It even has a locating pins on the fuselage! (well, two anyway). My kit was missing the windscreen, but I dropped an email to Silver Wings, and within 24 hours I had a reply email, and within a week, a small plastic bottle arrived wrapped in a padded envelope, inside the bottle and wrapped in bubble-wrap was an exquisitely molded crystal clear windscreen. Not bad for a journey of about 8000 miles from Poland to my little town in Washington. The cost was as stated, about $120 + tax (and s&h if you go that route), but if you want a 1/32 P6E, its the only game in town. I think it's well worth the money, considering the price of large scale kits these days. The detail easily makes this kit the best of all P6Es in any scale, for that matter it's perhaps the best yellow wing US biplane ever produced by any kit maker. The customer service at Silver Wings is also outstanding. Now for an F11C?
 _GOTOTOP