_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Have a question about a kit
maxmwill
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 334 posts
AeroScale: 291 posts
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2014 - 07:26 PM UTC
Recently, I bought a 1/48 scale A5M Claude from a seller in Ebay. This is a solid resin kit, in that the wings, fuselage, and empennage are all one piece, the only discrepancy being that part of the stab broke off, but that is still in the sealed plastic bag, and just looking at that, that'd be an easy repair.

The additional parts are a pair of main landing gear, of a different color resin(the cowl with engine are the same resin as the solid model, a green, while the main landing gear is a more of a light tan color), there are two white metal parts, the tail wheel and the prop, and a couple brass rods.

The instructions are a small printed sheet and are in Japanese.

The kit manufacturer is one I never heard of, and can't find when I did a google search, the name being Thrick.

The box is in two pieces, and made of heavy corrugated cardboard, and is what the manufacturer packed the kit in, and the packing is comprised of some kind of a mat of artificial excelsior, and also has bubble wrap for top layers.

Corresponding with the seller, this may have been an experimental model that was to be manufactured in mass quantities by another kit manufacturer.

Looking at the kit, it is a nice kit, the lines measure to scale, and there aren't any of the expected bubbles or voids usually found in resin kits. In other words, it is nice looking.

Looking in where the cockpit is supposed to be, it is a hole, but big enough for a seat and instrument panel.

I never heard of Thrick, so if anyone has, or has any thoughts about what I've described, please share, as I don't have a lot of experience with resin kits, and have a lot to learn about the Claude, unless I decide to let this go to someone else who might be able to turn this into another work of art(what else to call a completed model, especially given what I've seen most everyone here show).
 _GOTOTOP