_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Ju-88A4 for Russell Anderson Campaign
Naseby
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Slovakia
KitMaker: 825 posts
AeroScale: 476 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 07:46 AM UTC
Hello dear Aeroscale members. I decided to post some pictures of finished 1/72 Ju-88A4 which I made for the Russell Anderson Memorial Campaign. Unfortunatelly I dont have any more space left in the Kitmaker gallery, so this is the only way how to share them.

The kit is from Revell and is probably the best Ju-88 in this scale out there. Its also way cheaper then the Hasegawa offering. Its built straight from the box with very few alterations. There are however some points which I noticed during the built.
- Alignment of the fuselage parts must be done carefully, especially the top part of the aft fuselage.
- The cockpit canopy is glued together from multiple parts and the fit is not 100 percent right.
- Panel lines on the engines are dissapearing and need rescribing.
- Fit of the wings to the fuselage is generally good, but wingtips do not fit exactly to the wing - a correction of this will result in the loss of panel lines.

I also made a few alterations to the kit. I decided not to use the pitot tube since I broke it off twice during the assembly. I also altered the camouflage a bit. The original plane was from the KG30, operating in 1941 from Sicily.

Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2014 - 02:49 AM UTC
Naseby,
Really, quite a nice build. Excellent paint scheme, and decaling. Rather interesting markings on the tail for sure.
Joel
Gremlin56
KitMaker: 3,897 posts
AeroScale: 564 posts
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2014 - 05:31 AM UTC
Its a beautiful build Naseby, I really love the work on the panel lines. I hope it didn't start life as 1972 model T-72 though as the box would suggest, that would be the mother of all conversions

BlackWidow
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
AeroScale: 1,336 posts
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2014 - 05:50 AM UTC
Great model, Naseby! Really interesting and colourful camo. Russell would be glad to see it. But why is there no more space in the campaign gallery for your photos? Or do you mean, that you don't have any more space left in your own Kitmaker Gallery? If so, just delete the oldest photos in your gallery and you have enough space for new ones.
Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2014 - 10:39 AM UTC
Excellent work! Nice and clean finish.
Btw, are you planning to add an antenna wire?
Going into personal tastes, but I think it would look even better with some exhaust stains characteristic of the Ju 88.

Good you pointed out those couple of areas to watch out for while building the kit. I got the same kit in my stash and those pointers will surely be helpful.

JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 03:37 AM UTC
Does this look familiar?
Naseby
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Slovakia
KitMaker: 825 posts
AeroScale: 476 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 - 09:51 AM UTC
Thanks for all the comments. Im glad that You like the kit.

@Joel : Yes it seems that the KG30 was heavyly involved in attacks on shipping. It was basically the most important task of the Luftwaffe in Mediteranean.

@Julian : The T-62 was the first box on hand when I took the pictures. But Zou are right that am plannig some sort of conversion on that one

@Torsten : Will try that but I was hoping I could keep the older photos. The older toppics will have no meaning without the pictures in them.

@Eatu : Ususaly I do not attach antenas to 1/72 kits. Just 1/48 and above. Im not that good at work with the EZ Line yet. Im thinking about adding a bit more weathering to thge Junkers and the exhaust stains are part of that, but for the moment I wanted to finish it as is. I have a 1/35 M42 Duster on the bench right now and its coming along very nicely and fast and I dont want to distract from that now.

@Frederick : Thanks for the picture its inspirational. I wonder whether it was taken in Greece or Italy.

_GOTOTOP