_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Am building a Lysander
maxmwill
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 334 posts
AeroScale: 291 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 10:41 AM UTC
Amongst the projects I have going, one of them is the 1/32 Matchbox Lysander.

I've had this kit for a while, and didn't start doing anything with it until I got some more documentation on it than the cd that has Westburg's drawings on it, as I had been finding out that while Westburg's drawings are alright, they are not exactly spot on accurate.

However, I was able to obtain the 4+ publication on the Lysander, as well as find illustrations of the structure online, so I felt I had a pretty good place to start off with, and have been finding a few things out.

First off, between the illustration of the structure, which shows the structural tube placement, and the various photos in the 4+ issue, I found that the garden gate that the kit supplies for the top of the canopy that ties both wings together is not supposed to be there, instead a couple tubular spars, for and aft, tie the wings together.

Second, the tank that is supplied in the kit that sets between the front cockpit and the aft cockpit is way too small, plus there is structure that is supposed to be there, which isn't in the kit.

None of these is much of a hardship, just helps make the process of building a bit more interesting and kind of exciting.

However, the tank.

Side to side, inside the structure, it is nearly a two inch wise space.

The tank, on the other hand, is nearly an inch across, which means that either I build a new tank, and in the photos, the tank is not rounded on the sides, or use a lot of putty on the tank and go from there.

Still, if I were to follow the plans supplied in the kit, I'd be nearly finished, and ready to paint(and I am very partial to the TT version), but I am still barely into putting the frame together, and while it does take time, I'm actually having fun(perhaps I'm easy to please).
 _GOTOTOP