_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Has anyone heard of this company?
maxmwill
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 334 posts
AeroScale: 291 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 11:42 AM UTC
I just bought a 1/48 scale model of an HE176 V1 model. The manufacturer is HTF Condor, and I have never heard of them. Who are they, what country are they from, and if you've seen the kit, what it is like?

I like the 176 V1, more than the V2 model, simple on the strength of the wings, which I find very attractive. And the subject is a bit important as far as jet powered aircraft is concerned, and yet is quite obscure.
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 11:51 AM UTC
Condor is part of what went on to become MPM/Special Hobby, so think models of their quality. Limited run, no locator pins, nice etched brass and slightly finicky building. I have the 1/72 version, and very nice it is

Here's a look inside the box.
maxmwill
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 334 posts
AeroScale: 291 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 01:06 PM UTC
Thanks.

I first encountered this when I got my copy of Jet Planes of the 3rd Reich, and thought that either of the 176s would make nice models, although I confess to being partial to the V1.

And when I saw this up for auction in Ebay, and it started out at 5 bucks, I took a chance. The bid went up, but I won, and the final price wasn't very painful.

And, I have a confession. I have never had an airbrush, at least not before today when I got my first one, a compressed gas, and a very simple one at that.

I finished my little BICh 3, but it was brush-painted, and while I like the results, it isn't even close to one that would have been done with an aibrush.
 _GOTOTOP