_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Avro Anson
Heatnzl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nelson, New Zealand
KitMaker: 480 posts
AeroScale: 478 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 09:03 AM UTC
Hi all. I have been given the opportunity to photograph the Avro Anson at the Omaka AHC.
I am not sure how to go about it as I will have complete access to inside and out. It is a beautiful restoration with great attention to details and I need some guidance as to what is relevant to Aeroscale readers.
For example; cockpit details, turret bits, wing-roots, engines... Perhaps members have special requests.

Cheers

Karl
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 09:28 AM UTC
Take lots
Cockpit, seats, instruments, cabin, door(s), windows, landing gear wells, struts, wheels, wings, tailplane, engines, propellers, control surfaces, oil coolers, intakes, every detail you possibly can. Then bundle up the pictures, send them to me and I'll get them published in the walkarounds section.
Heatnzl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nelson, New Zealand
KitMaker: 480 posts
AeroScale: 478 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 12:20 PM UTC
I have just been out to see her and the owners are pleased to have a photographic record. The cowlings were off today but I did not have my camera!
The number of photographs will probably be in the hundreds and I will do them over a couple of weeks, starting tomorrow, as the owners are based in Nelson and have to drive over to Blenheim.
I have the feeling this is going to be a big project...
 _GOTOTOP