_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Part required for Revell He 162 A-2
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 01:18 AM UTC
I have had the Revell Salamander for some time but there is one part missing from the kit. The part that is missing is the inner part (the part with the connection slot)of the port vertical fin. Actually, and quite bizarrely, there are 4 parts in the box but there are 2 starboard inner halves? One was loose in the box.

I couldn't get a replacement because Revell required an original receipt but I have now learned that a phone call to 01442 890285 will get you the parts that you require. However to do that I need the number of the item on the instructions but I seem to have now lost the instructions! Revell very kindly put PDFs of their instructions on their web site but not of out of production kits, which this is

So for kit 04723 He 162A-2 "Salamander":
1. Does anyone have a spare port inner vertical stabilizer, or one to swap for a starboard one, because there must be a kit out there with 2 port parts?
2. Does anyone have the instructions, that they could scan for me or let me know the part number of the part?

Thanks for any help with this
wychdoctor92394
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 219 posts
AeroScale: 136 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 07:46 AM UTC
Try Revell USA and ask for Ed Sexton. He might know of, or be able to get you the parts you need.

Write him: [email protected]

Be sure to include the part number(s)... and any other information he might need.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 06:59 PM UTC
Hi James,
Thanks but as I said I don't have the instructions nor can I download them I need a scan or someone to tell me the number of the part?
wychdoctor92394
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 07:35 PM UTC
There's no part number on the inside?
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 08:54 PM UTC
Hi Mal

There's a scan of the instructions HERE.

All the best

Rowan
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 01:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

There's no part number on the inside?

No James?

Thanks Rowan

However I'm back to report that the part is on the way I phoned the number that I posted just find out if it was true that they would send the part if the kit was in production and they will Further the kit isn't out of production so I just needed the part number but I couldn't find the instructions online. The very nice lady that I spoke to asked me if I had been to .com or .eu as the instructions were there at .eu so she emailed me a set, immediately, very efficient I checked them and phoned her back and gave her the part number, she asked for my address and said the part will be on its way Stock is held in Germany so it could be 4 weeks, I've had the kit a number of years so that certainly isn't a problem.

Very well done Revell and Annette, this a very good system I just hope that no one tries to abuse it! I just hope that I have asked for the correct part
wychdoctor92394
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 04:34 AM UTC
It has been my experience that Revell will send the part, most often the entire sprue where the part is located. I have the Ceji-Revell Tornado (the first edition) and parts were damaged. I contacted Ed Sexton at Revell, and he found them at Revell-Germany. I needed specific parts and I got the entire sprue where a part was located.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 08:15 AM UTC
Nice one Mal

Full marks to Revell for their after-sales service.

All the best

Rowan
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 07:17 PM UTC
Yes it is a fantastic system but one that doesn't appear to be advertised? That is probably not a bad thing as it is also a system that is open to abuse! Airfix used to send whole kits, I know from experience, which I think helped their demise the first time around because unscrupulous "modelers" would ask for parts when none were damaged/missing to get extra kits!

I also think that Revell should look at their quality control as this is the second kit of theirs that I have had that has had the correct number of parts/sprues but parts have been duplicated. Revell weigh the kits which only tells them that it is the correct weight, they clearly have someone checking for missing parts on the prues, but who sometimes mis identify which parts are missing, as in the case of the Slamander. The other kit that had duplicated parts was my He111, it had 2 fuselage sprues and no wing sprue! I did get the correct sprue but it was a lot of hassle I suppose that the new system goes some way to easily rectifying that quality control, or they except that it is an area of concern? What ever the reason a big thumbs up to Revell
 _GOTOTOP