_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Need help finding 1/48 figures
hogkeeper
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 37 posts
AeroScale: 36 posts
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 - 04:04 PM UTC
I need help finding some 1/48 figures for a diorama I'm doing. I'm looking for a USAAF or RAF female figure that has the arms, etc cast separately so I can pose it. I'm also looking for a small dog like the one that came in the first boxings of the Eduard BF-110. Anyone have any ideas?
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 - 04:25 PM UTC
Preiser makes a 1/48 USAAF set with a WAF. Here she is:

Also, you can find 1/48 dogs in this set:

https://archive.kitmaker.net/review/3827
hogkeeper
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 37 posts
AeroScale: 36 posts
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2013 - 01:16 PM UTC
Fred,
Thanks for the reply. I had looked at the Preiser figure but its not really what I'm looking for. I'm looking for one with separate arms and legs that I can arrange in a certain pose. Thanks for the link to the dogs but they are too big. I'm looking for something along the lines of a shih Tzu. I just found a dog set in Woodland Scenics O scale line that looks like it has a shih tzu in it. I know this all sounds a little picky but I'm going for something very specific. When finished, this is going to my daughter. Sort of a tribute to her.
stooge
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 210 posts
AeroScale: 210 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 11:35 AM UTC
I am looking for 1945 German pilot figures but seem to be struggling with this. has anyone found a source for these.

They are for installing in cockpits, aircraft should have pilots but they are not always included in kits or are pretty ordinary.
 _GOTOTOP