_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
NEWS
Flexible plastic seat harnesses
Mecenas
KitMaker: 1,596 posts
AeroScale: 1,275 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2012 - 03:51 AM UTC
Nano Aviation is a new line of FineMolds products which are aircraft seatbelts made of plastic.
The novelty of these sets is that these are made of plastic which can be bend and twisted to conform it to desired shape without risk of breaking the part.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
russamotto
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
AeroScale: 375 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2012 - 05:10 AM UTC
These look really interesting. It's one of those ideas that I'm surprised no one has already thought of.
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2012 - 05:14 AM UTC
Now all that's needed is flexible paint which will stay on that flexible plastic and not flake off the minute you bend them.

Cutting Edge had sets similar to these back in the dark ages of 10 years or so ago. They claimed that they were "felxible resin" but they felt more like RTV rubber to me. They look pretty good once they're in place, but they were very springy. You had to glue them down to a fare-thee-well or risk having them snap back out of the seat. I hope these new ones will behave better.
Mecenas
KitMaker: 1,596 posts
AeroScale: 1,275 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2012 - 05:26 AM UTC
Jessie, these stripes comes unpainted. You won't have to worry about paint peeling of when you first form the shape and then apply paint.

There's an "ABS" marking on the sprue. Would this be for ABS type plastic?
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2012 - 05:36 AM UTC
Probably. ABS is quite slippery, so it would need a really good primer, otherwise the paint wouldn't adhere well at all.
 _GOTOTOP