_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
NEWS
1:72 Seaking HC.4
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 07:33 AM UTC
Coming soon from Dragon is this impressively detailed new-tool 1:72 kit of the Westland Seaking HC.4 (Commando).

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Junglie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 - 10:15 AM UTC
Having now received a model the detail to interior and exterior equipment is TOTALLY incorrect. Half of the seats are missing per the real McCoy. External items are current model a/c not Falklands, the rake is missing from along the tail fuselage and several parts incorrectly identified. And finally there is no paint scheme and the info on the instructions are for a naval Sqdn which was decommissioned in the 1960's. Oh and I know this as I worked on them for long enough!!!
phantom_phanatic309
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,568 posts
AeroScale: 1,619 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 04:47 AM UTC
Quite a few forums have been slating this kit. About all that's noticeable to me is that the folded back rotors don't match photos Sea Kings. The outer pair seem to stick out at an angle rather than flat as here. It would be interesting to know if the kit has them right or if Dragons test builder just glued them on wrong as can be seen here. With a little work I'm sure a decent kit could be made, if you had the bits to make a proper job of it. As for me, I'll stick with Revell's for the time being.
What really horrifies me is the asking price, but its what I've come to expect of Dragon/Cyber Hobby. A model shop I visited over the weekend had quite a few at close to £40. A little more than the RRP, but not by much. Right next to them on the same shelf they had Revell's 1:32 Lynx for just under £30. I'm sure even Prof Hawking couldn't even work that discrepancy out.
 _GOTOTOP