Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Another Beaufighter
29Foxtrot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 708 posts
AeroScale: 674 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 01:47 PM UTC
I built the 2 Beaufighter's that were posted by Mr Roo, I'm presently converting the Tamiya Mk VI Night Fighter kit into a Mk IVf, [placed on hold, for several months, due to changes in the sequence of models program and waiting for information, on which Beaufighter, they wanted, {a DAP Mk XXI Beaufighter A8-23 EH-C of 31 Sqn RAAF has been on loan to OTS, since this project started, with a lot of other models}], as used by the Australian Airforce, this aircraft is one of over 500, that were supplied by Britain. This aircraft was based at Wards Strip in New Guinea, used against targets of oppertunity in and around the Bismarck, and Timor Seas.

The information and photos supplied [just recently], for this subject is for, a 30 Sqn aircraft serial number A19-87, aircraft code 'R'. The photos of this machine show the aircraft to have, heavyly faded paintwork, [worse than the paint work on the 'Black Cat'], the insignia are almost white disc's, the aircraft code is 'sky grey', another references for this aircraft is on [page 38 of the Wydawnictwo Militaria # 92 titled Australia 1942 - 1945], the caption on this photo states it is attacking Japanese vessels, correctly this aircraft is flying on approach to Port Morseby. It is also 'one' of the subjects of an old AeroMaster decal sheet #48-341, which shows the aircraft code as white.

The service life on this aircraft, was 15 months, before it ended up as components and as this project [restarted and requested to follow the Boston III]. I'll update this project with photo's when the Boston III is finished.
To all members who comented on the 'Black Cat' model thank you.
chip250
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
AeroScale: 410 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 02:50 PM UTC
Can't wait for those pics! Post them pronto!

~Chip :-)
penpen
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Hauts-de-Seine, France
KitMaker: 1,757 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 11:59 PM UTC
Thanks for the news !
I do remember your models and i'll be waiting for the next ones !
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Monday, October 06, 2003 - 08:20 AM UTC
Hi there 29Foxtrot!! :-)

Welcome to Armorama

I certainly remember your tasty Beaus! I've still got the taste of "humble pie" after asking why does that Black Beaufighter look Blue?! :-)

Really nice jobs... and I'd love to see your refs. 'cause (probably like you) I'm a sucker for anything a bit different!

... I STILL want to know how you applied that decal so well on the nose! ... not a hint of carrier film! :-)

Take care

Rowan
Shinano
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 36 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 12:37 AM UTC
Hello, just got the Revell Beaufighter in 1/35 scale, very big kit. Problem is that it came with no decals Have no idea were I can get some as the kit is not made any more.
Having said that has any one ever built this, is it ok, any inacuracies?
Thank you :-)
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Friday, October 10, 2003 - 06:36 AM UTC
:-) Yes I too remember those Beaus, very nice :-)
I would be very interested in any referances, particularly interiors. Under what name do you sell you aftermarket sets? I would be interested to see what you offer. I have 2 Beaus in my stash waiting for me to get detail sets :-)
Mal
 _GOTOTOP