_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
NEWS
1:48 Zero Cockpit Upgrades
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 05:26 AM UTC
S.B.S. have announced their latest superdetailed cockpit sets for Hasegawa's popular 1:48 Mitsubishi Zeros.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
vanize
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
AeroScale: 1,163 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 05:46 AM UTC
anyone know if it fits the old tamiya kits too?
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 07:47 AM UTC
Hi Vance

I imagine it probably won't without some modification - but where there's a will there's a way...

All the best

Rowan
GastonMarty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 595 posts
AeroScale: 507 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 03:42 PM UTC

The Hasegawa kit is quite troublesome to assemble in the wingroots, has an inferior canopy whose sides do not slope enough by quite a noticeable amount (though most seem to ignore it), and if I remember correctly does not show the leading edge washout which is a very visible feature of the entire leading edge...

It is also 2 mm short in the fuselage from rudder post to the rear of the canopy.

That this set is intended for the Hasegawa a bit baffling to me, as it gives the impression that by spending more you will have the equivalent of the new 1/48th Tamiya Zero... Not even close...

I think rather than buy the Hasegawa kit, even on a steep rebate, and add this cockpit set, you are still far ahead with a new Tamiya kit for the final result, and for not much more...

Now if this was intended for the Tamiya kit from the start, I would be more interested...

Gaston

vanize
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
AeroScale: 1,163 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 04:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Now if this was intended for the Tamiya kit from the start, I would be more interested..

I wasn't aware that Tamiya had a new A6M2 out - that would be nice, but all I know of is their very old tool of it.
 _GOTOTOP