_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
NEWS
Eclipse Model Design
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 09:16 AM UTC
Bill Cross brings us news of a new company producing a range of high quality accessories - Eclipse Model Design.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
robot_
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 719 posts
AeroScale: 691 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 09:56 AM UTC
Derek is also working on the 1/32 Tempest master in collaboration with MDC, and had a 1/32 interior for the Revell Beaufighter in progress a few years back. He had also planned a 1/32 Black Widow resin kit, then this became a joint project with WingScale to produce an injection kit, not sure if he is still involved with WingXL's P-61?
Widow61
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 36 posts
AeroScale: 8 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 09:52 PM UTC
Hello Ben,

Just a little clarification on the issue. MDC elected to complete the 1/32 Tempest V kit after I had mastered the basic airframe - it is therefore still in development with MDC and I can offer no updates as to the current status on this kit.

The Beaufighter detail set project is still very much alive - it is just lack of available time stopping me from working on it at present (I have a very demanding full time day job). The detail set is very complex and because of all of the differing marks of Beaufighter - and their associated internal and external details - I have to plan and breakdown the parts very carefully (it's a little like making a jigsaw with no guide). It will be worth the wait when completed though.

Finally, the 1/32 P-61 Black Widow. I had originally intended on producing a full resin kit of this aircraft, but Wingscale (now WINGXL) wanted to make it also. I offered my services as a joint venture for release of this kit between WINGXL and Eclipse Model Design, and that is still our intention.

HTH

Derek

Eclipse Model Design
Tomcat31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 2,828 posts
AeroScale: 1,720 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 11:00 PM UTC
It great to hear that your still going Derek, I remember seeing some of the early masters of the Beau and the Widow and was impressed then.

Will you be at Telford this year? if so you'll have to pop over to the Bulldogs and say hello.
Widow61
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 36 posts
AeroScale: 8 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 11:25 PM UTC
Hi allen,

Nice to hear from you again (I trust that both you and Sam are well?). I will be at Telford for the Saturday only, but I shall find time to pop across to the Bulldogs stand and say hello.

Derek
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 08:15 AM UTC
I too have been privilaged to seen Derek's work on the P-61 and Beaufighter, as well as other stuff and it's all very, very impressive

See you at Telford Derek
 _GOTOTOP