Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
OFFICIAL: "Zerstorer!" Campaign Thread
do335b6
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 84 posts
AeroScale: 81 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 05:27 PM UTC
This is a first for me but here is my 1/32 Revell JU 88 converted to a G-6

eMan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 1,182 posts
AeroScale: 351 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 07:35 PM UTC
Finished. ProModeler 1/48 Me 410B.

AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 08:56 PM UTC
Winston that looks like a really interesting build, but you've unfortunately left your arrival a bit too late and the official finish date for the Campaign has passed ! I wuld suggest that you start a build log thread in the World War 2 thread page HERE and share the rest of your build with us.

Adam, your little Mossie is coming along very nicely, perhaps you could follow the path that Torchy took, find some circle templates and paint the roundels.

Torchy, "Payload Time" on the monster Mossie ! Looking great my friend.

eMan, beautiful work on the 410 sir. Well done on getting it finished in time and thanks for sharing your work here with us.

Well folks it's time for the closing ceremony.
Firstly a big thanks to Torsten (Blackwidow) for helping me get this idea off the ground at the beginning.
Secondly thank you to everybody who has dropped in to watch and post comment and advice for the participants, it has been great.
Lastly and most importantly a HUGE thanks to those of you who have contributed with builds here, either completed or still in progress. There has been some stunning work on display and the gallery looks amazing.
Once again I humbly apologise for not being able to contribute with a build for my own Campaign, but a change in circumstances at work has left me with less hours at the bench for a while. Sad but unavoidable.

I have awarded ribbons to all those who have posted completed build pictures either here in the thread or in the Campaign gallery.
With the new series of features underway showing off our Campaign builds, I would suggest that everybody should post there as well. Greif8, Naseby and Snorri have not yet done so, I will also PM them as a reminder.

Finally, to those with builds still in progress, please keep at it and keep posting your progress here for us. I love seeing how you all work, and I will certainly hold your ribbons in storage until you are done.

Thanks everybody for your contributions, you have made this ZERSTORER Campaign a most enjoyable and rewarding one for me to lead.

Cheers, D
Blueheeler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 347 posts
AeroScale: 223 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 11:05 PM UTC
Thanks for a well run campaign Damian. Mines finished, just in time.

Cheers,
Nick.
mykroft
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 270 posts
AeroScale: 264 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 12:47 AM UTC
Damina,

Just a question about the end point of the campaign, it's listed as today, Oct 30th. My Mossy is on-track to be finished later today (pretty much as soon as I get home, since it's just a few more decals and some final assembly, an hour or two of work including drying time). Would I still be considered to have made the deadline?
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 01:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Would I still be considered to have made the deadline?

Hi Adam. Don't rush the build to get finished today, just make sure that you get it completed properly, to your own satisfaction. That is more important to me.
You will still get your ribbon if you are running a bit behind time mate.

@ Nick, great job on the Mossie. I've awarded your ribbon, thanks for joining in and sharing your work. BTW don't forget to post a pic or two in the gallery if you want to see your build in the post-Campaign feature.

Cheers, D
iflytb20
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kerala, India / भारत
KitMaker: 292 posts
AeroScale: 194 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 06:29 AM UTC
Oh man....i was unable to access the site for about two months and when i could i completely forgot about posting the picture of my 110 and now i feel i am too late. I was looking forward to the ribbon

My Bf110 G-2 with the "dust" camouflage
Blueheeler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 09:26 AM UTC
Cheers D! Nice build there too Raj, very nice.

This seems to an on going problem for me which I have no idea how to fix. I tried several times to upload a pic or two to the campaign folder without success. It says that the photo has been successfully loaded into the gallery but when I view it, not there. I haven't got much hair left as it is so I have stopped trying now
Maybe someone with better skills than me can have a go or maybe just use one the pics in the thread for the editorial?

Cheers,
Nick.
Magpie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 653 posts
AeroScale: 165 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 10:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This seems to an on going problem for me which I have no idea how to fix. I tried several times to upload a pic or two to the campaign folder without success.

How s the size Nick ? I had a similar drama awhile ago and it turned out the photo I was trying to upload was to big ( must be < 3072kB )
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 10:18 AM UTC
I've really enjoyed looking at all of the work that everyone has completed or is working too complete. It's been fun. Thanks again, Russell
Blueheeler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 12:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

This seems to an on going problem for me which I have no idea how to fix. I tried several times to upload a pic or two to the campaign folder without success.

How s the size Nick ? I had a similar drama awhile ago and it turned out the photo I was trying to upload was to big ( must be < 3072kB )

Scott,
The image is only 157KB and is a JPEG, not that I know the difference....
I've been able to upload them in the past but just the last three or four campaigns I haven't been able to at all. Cleared enough space in my own photo folder and still no good.

Cheers,
Nick.
mykroft
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 01:32 PM UTC
Well, I'm just waiting for the last couple bits to dry and then I'll post some pics.

The build unfortunately is going to be on the 'redecal at some point' pile. The entire sheet that came with the kit is pretty awful, all of the decals have coverage issues, which is a problem when they need to be stacked 3 deep in some cases. But aside from that I'm pretty happy with the build, it's not the easiest kit to get together.
mykroft
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 02:45 PM UTC
And it's done. Of course I did have to break the radio mast in half when I was removing the masking on the canopy.

Airfix Mosquito NF.XIX 1/72 by mawz_models, on Flickr

Airfix Mosquito NF.XIX 1/72 by mawz_models, on Flickr

Images are in the gallery as well.
Torchy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,016 posts
AeroScale: 475 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 07:01 PM UTC
Hi all
a quick update
washes applied to the underside
the right side (as we look at pic) is done the left is still waiting in its preshade of Tamiya NATO black and Tamiya smoke

Wash on and waiting to dry

Hey presto,job done

Will try and get the engines in today.
More pics later
Andy
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2011 - 12:54 AM UTC
Raj and Adam, very nice builds. I have awarded your ribbons. Thanks for joining in and sharing your work with us.

Nick, gotcha covered mate. I resized your pic and loaded it into the gallery.

Cheers, D
BlackWidow
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
AeroScale: 1,336 posts
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2011 - 07:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

.....Firstly a big thanks to Torsten (Blackwidow) for helping me get this idea off the ground at the beginning.....

Ehm ... well .... my part in this campaign was very small, if there was any. It was you, Damian, who lead this campaign. Thanks for that!
As some of you may have noticed, I didn't complete my Bf 110 yet as it gave me too much trouble that time. But it lies here about 50 % completed and will be finished next year. I will post pics of the process here, okay? But at least I've got my Me 410 ready in time .....
So many great builds came out of this campaign! Congrats to all of you!

Happy modelling!
Torsten
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2011 - 07:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

As some of you may have noticed, I didn't complete my Bf 110 yet as it gave me too much trouble that time. But it lies here about 50 % completed and will be finished next year.

Don't despair. For that, there's Hangar Queen 2!
611_sqd
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 470 posts
AeroScale: 99 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 11:25 AM UTC
Here is my finished build. Not what I set out to do, but sometimes that happens with our hobby. Fine Molds wasn't bad, but I wouldn't call it a Fine Mold. The 3 piece canopy was a major pain. Wings, engines went together well, fuse was hit and miss. Cockpit was nice. Colours are...yes well wrong. I started this a fair while ago and in the mean time built a Fw-190 from Academy which is a very nice little kit and a 1/48 hasegawa Val which while over engineered in a couple of places was also a nice build. both of them went better than this one. But part of that was I had already improved since I started this 410 so it shows my mistakes a little more than the other two kits. Would I buy FM again? I don't know. The thing is the 10.00 academy Fw-190 fitted just as well as this 39.99 410. If this was a 20.00 kit then its a different matter, but for 40.00 I expect a Fine Mold, closer to Tamiya. I learned, and it was awesome to see what you guys built and how to do some stuff I had not seen before.

AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 02:03 PM UTC
Great work Aaron, well done on getting it finished. I'm glad your psychedelic 410 didn't go the same way as the Special Hobby IMAM !

Thanks for sharing your work and your thoughts on the kit. I have awarded your ribbon now as well.

Cheers, D
611_sqd
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 470 posts
AeroScale: 99 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 03:47 PM UTC
lol yeah, though I hope this is the only drug induced colour scheme I do. Unless its a anime aircraft. Not quite what I planned, but I learned about multi-part canopies which is something i didn't have much experience with.

Now I have to find a matchbox kit. I have been hoping that one would come into my local store as a consignment but no luck yet.
lawlzw
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 120 posts
AeroScale: 26 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 02:39 AM UTC
I think I am not alone in saying we all had a great campaign... many thanks to Damian and Torsten who kept the momentum going!

Cheers!
iflytb20
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kerala, India / भारत
KitMaker: 292 posts
AeroScale: 194 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 08:15 AM UTC
Thanks a bunch for Damian and Torsten for hosting this campaign. I learned a lot while participating and had a great time as well.

@Damian
Thanks a on for the ribbon
Naseby
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Slovakia
KitMaker: 825 posts
AeroScale: 476 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 10:46 PM UTC
This was a great campaign with a lot of interesting subjects. Thank You Damian for making this possible. I have to appologize I havent posted a picture into the gallery but I forgot about it completely. I will do it as soon as the conditions for taking pictures improove because the weather isnt too good right now and I dont have special photo equipment and lights. Thank You once again!
Torchy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,016 posts
AeroScale: 475 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 03:25 AM UTC
Hi all
Well I'm calling this one done

I've really enjoyed this campaign there have been some truly outstanding builds on here.
I doff my cap to you D,you did a superb job of running this build,I've posted some pics in the gallery,I'm going to put a whole series of pics in the WW II forum as not everyone looks at campaign logs.
Once again thanks for some lovely builds guys and girls
Andy
vanize
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
AeroScale: 1,163 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 08:29 AM UTC
My update includes being basically finished with the nose and gondola as well as the cockpit. Once I have the canopy on and masked, I'll be ready to start getting some paint on this bugger.