_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
FEATURE
Japanese Twins
litespeed
Staff MemberNews Reporter
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,976 posts
AeroScale: 1,789 posts
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2011 - 08:46 AM UTC

Torsten Rossman [blackwidow] has sent us some impressive images of his build of the Mitsubishi T-2 (two seat trainer) and the Mitsubishi F-1 (single seat fighter), that he built towards the end of last year [2010]. He used the Hasegawa 1/48 kits and finished them in the markings of 22nd Hikotai [T-2] and 3rd Hikotai [F-1].

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2011 - 01:07 AM UTC
Great job Torsten, it is certainly good to see these unusual subjects brought to life so well. I'm not sure how I missed this feature when it was first posted, I would have posted a comment earlier for sure !!

You like these dual-build themes, what's next on the "hit list", or are you saving your strength for our pending Zerstorer Campaign?

Cheers, D
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2011 - 01:48 AM UTC
Hi Torsten,

Very fine work again but this time X 2! Excellent!

I hope to see them in real one day...

Jean-Luc
BlackWidow
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
AeroScale: 1,336 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2011 - 07:45 AM UTC
Thanks for your comments guys!

Damian:
Though I'm not really a big jet fan (you know "real" aircraft have props! ) I really like these two, as I have a favor for japanese aircraft (but more WW2) anyway. They were really nice to build and they surely won't be the only F-1/T-2 in my air fleet .... Yes, I like building dual packs as I did it 5 times in 2010, starting with the Monogram P-61, you remember that. You are absolutly right, my next double combo will come in our Zerstörer Campaign with the Bf 110 G-2 and the Me 410 ....

Jean Luc:
Also thanks to you! I'm sure you will see my modern samurais this year live as they will tour some expos in Germany now. You've got the invitation for our Mannheim Expo in your mail box. Would appreciate to meet you there!

Happy modelling
Torsten
 _GOTOTOP