_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Aeroscale Campaigns a Friendly Reminder
Tomcat31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,828 posts
AeroScale: 1,720 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 01, 2011 - 09:21 AM UTC
Hi All

Currently for 2012 to 2013 we have:
7 Active campaigns
5 Campaigns Embarking
2 awaiting approval

While this is manageable we would like to ask that the membership help out a little bit by following these friendly reminders?

1. Campaigns ideally should be no longer than 6 months. I would propose that campaigns should run for a 3, 6, 9 or 12 month period as this would make keeping track of campaigns easier (12 month ideally should be for Operations rather than 'Mission' Campaigns)

2. Operations - Some campaigns have been submitted as operations. The Guide lines state "Operations are generally larger in scope than a normal group build. They will also have a high-level of educational value to the build process. If you want to dig out the books and do research then this campaign should interest you." I'll contact the campaign leaders and check whether they meant for their campaigns to be Ops or not.

3. Start/End Dates - please try to keep start date to the 1st of the month and the end date to the end of the month. This will ease keeping track of campaigns

4. Ribbons - There nothing worse than putting all your effort and having fun into building a kit and then not having a ribbon at the end (especially if your a campaign junkie and want your fix for your profile ). If you don't know how to make one ask the members in your campaign thread. there bound to be someone that can make one. A list of Campaign ribbon designers and their design for previous campaigns can be found in This Thread

4a. Ribbon Awarding - Most campaign leaders use the official gallery for awarding the ribbon as it save trawling though pages of posts to see who has finished their entry. Please ensure you post one or two images to the gallery to ensure you are awarded your ribbon. If anyone has any issues uploading images to the gallery to email them to a staff member to upload.

5. Forum and gallery - by all means if you have an idea for a campaign start a post to gauge the interest and get your 10 people needed for submission (WWI can be an exception). On the start day of the campaign we will create a thread entitled OFFICIAL: ********* Campaign. This will be where everyone can post their builds and ask questions, reference etc. for that campaign. There will also be a link to the enlist page and the official gallery.

6. Deputies - If you wish, try and ask the membership if any of them would like to deputise for you. That way they can answer any questions that are asked of the campaign or worse case take over the running of the campaign if the leader goes AWOL

7. Campaign Features - soon after the campaign finishes we will create a Photo Feature of all the finished entries at that time. again these images are obtained from the gallery so if your picture isn't there it won't be in the feature. please see here for more tips and requests

That's all I can think of for the moment if you have any questions just ask.

Cheers

Allen
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
AeroScale: 1,080 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 01, 2011 - 11:43 AM UTC
EEEK!
I must admitt I'm an offender of most of these rules. I'll see if I can sort some of my messes out. And a big thanks to you and Sam for stepping up.

Hermon
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 01, 2011 - 10:06 PM UTC
First of all, thanks to you and Sam for stepping up and taking over the campaign administration.

A small suggestion: When you make the official tread for a campaign, it would be a good idea to lock the previous discussion/interest tread on the same campaign. This avoids two "live" treads on the same campaign.
This is done on MSW and it seems to work very well.

Tomcat31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, January 02, 2011 - 07:33 AM UTC
Thanks for the vote of confidence, we'll try to not disappoint you all

Hermon, this wasn't a dig at you and they aren't rules there just requests as we try to make our job that little bit easier.

Quoted Text

A small suggestion: When you make the official tread for a campaign, it would be a good idea to lock the previous discussion/interest tread on the same campaign. This avoids two "live" treads on the same campaign.
This is done on MSW and it seems to work very well.

Thanks Jesper, we did think of that but wasn't sure how the membership would take it, but if it works elsewhere i can't see why it wouldn't here.
md72
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 4,950 posts
AeroScale: 3,192 posts
Posted: Monday, January 03, 2011 - 03:55 PM UTC
Good luck you two!

For my part, I promise I won't start any campaigns this year.
Keeperofsouls2099
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 2,798 posts
AeroScale: 2,443 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 02:08 PM UTC
just wanted to let you know that now all my campaigns are dawning a ribbon sir
Tomcat31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, May 28, 2011 - 09:16 AM UTC
As a slight change in format for 2012 and beyond, when a campaign is submitted the Campaign Administrators will decide the date that the campaign will start and finish.

It is hoped that by doing it this way we can have one or two campaigns starting each month and it will hopefully prevent the issue we had earlier this year of 4 campaign all starting on the same day.

Please keep the suggestions coming and if you have enough interest submit the campaign in the usual manner, we will then sort it out from there.
emroglan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,163 posts
AeroScale: 255 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 09:27 AM UTC
Allen, if any campaign leaders need secondaries or you need a substitute campaign leader, I might be available (that is until my dear wife has enough of my hobby and throws me out of the window ).

Also, you didn't write anything about Campaign features. Will we have those in 2012 as well?

Tomcat31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 11:17 AM UTC
Thanks Emre, we'll bear you in mind if we ever get stuck

As for the campaign features, yes they will be a part of 2012 and beyond (hopefully ) with the troubles we have with the galleries at times feature seem to be the best way to preserve all the outstanding builds. We just need more people to read This
Tomcat31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 12:38 PM UTC
As we have a few new members getting their teeth into campaigns its time for a friendly bump
 _GOTOTOP