_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
lozenging done
KiwiDave
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 248 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 01:56 PM UTC
There were not a lot of colour photos taken during the Great War so I only have B & W. Most rib tapes seem to be highly visible mono colour in my references. I have one pic which refers to blue on an Albatros, but they are a very light tone of grey in B & W.

Hope that helps.

Regards Dave
Tin_Can
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
AeroScale: 750 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 02:39 PM UTC
Great job. Looks like you fixed the problem with the decals seperating on one end. How did you do it?
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2003 - 07:27 AM UTC
:-) Great job, large decals are a b**ch to move once on the model, due to surface tension, how did you overcome the problem? Or did you slide them into the final position straight off the backing paper? I have never been able to do that :-)
Mal
ZoomieE7
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 145 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2003 - 08:47 AM UTC
FWIW, the C.VI under restoration in Brussels has loz rib tapes. See
www.wwi-models.org/Photos/Ger/LVG_CVI
Also, there is some question as to the use of "blue on top, pink on bottom" when it came to solid color tapes. Oft times it was one color all the way round, with a lot of variation between aircraft types/subcontractors, so whatever you choose, I don't think any of the Rivet Counters will be able to prove you wrong. Nice decaling job, BTW. Loz really requires patience and skill (How many air bubbles did you have to poke?) ;-) (and why is there no simple "wink" emoticon here???)
 _GOTOTOP