_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
NEWS
1/72 F-4J 'Phantom II' From Accurat
Tin_Can
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
AeroScale: 750 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 01:42 PM UTC
Accurate Miniatures released this kit only a couple of months ago. With three new decal options, Accurate Miniatures has taken this out of production 1/72 Monogram kit to a new level with resin upgrades.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
AeroScale: 616 posts
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2009 - 12:58 AM UTC
I am one of the lucky ones to have the original Monogram kit. I bought it way back in 1996 and started working on it a few months ago. It is the best F-4J kit in 1/72 scale if you don't mined raised panel lines. And yes I think it is better than Hasegawa kit in details wise. It had realy good cockpit and al around detail, I realy wonder what resin parts did they insert. Only problem, that is in my kit, is the fitting , in certain areas.
Tin_Can
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2009 - 01:49 AM UTC
That's a good question on what resin bits are included. I'm waiting on an email from Accurate Miniatures and once I find out I'll edit the article and post it in here.
Tin_Can
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2009 - 02:58 PM UTC
Ok, I talked with Steven at Accurate Miniatures and he set me straight. The F-4J kit does not include any resin parts. I must have mixed up some information on their blog about their F-4C/D kit which includes resin ECM pods.

I'm apologize for the confusion and have edited my news article so that it's correct.
 _GOTOTOP