_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Techmod 1:48 Friedrchshafen FF-33e
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 01, 2009 - 06:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for that Stephen, and i'am glad you said all that and not me, so if the kit is correct, and the drawnings incorrect, does that mean all the guys [ sorry and ladies] who model and use the Windsock Datafiles on other aircraft, have they then made mistakes if changing a kit to suit the drawnings, or is it just this Windsock issue!

No worries. Remember that often once drawings are done even if in scale the formating of the publishing concern is the chief offender in kicking a drawing out of scale. In a recent Schiffer book called "Schlachtflieger!" Literally all of the perfectly drawn plans had their original borders removed by Schiffer and the drawings were made to fit "their book format borders". So consequently all of the drawings that were perfect are now underscaled. This is not writer's, Ray's or the the artists fault it is the publishing house that demands certain borders and formating be adhered to. As far as Datafiles go most are spot on. This one can be used well enough if you have a head's up.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 07:07 AM UTC
It appears that there are now aftermarket PE add-ons for Techmod's FF 33E now available:

Part S48153 - Friedrichshafen FF-33E (1/48) Comprehensive interior and outer surface details

Part S48154 - Friedrichshafen FF-33E wheels type 1 (1/48) Beaching dollies that look like they are simulated wooden wheels.

Part S48155 - Friedrichshafen FF-33E wheels type 2 (1/48) Beaching dollies that require the modeler to add the rubber tires.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 30, 2010 - 02:02 AM UTC
This one is the clean up and basic paint stage.
Repainted
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,058 posts
AeroScale: 1,004 posts
Posted: Friday, February 05, 2010 - 04:39 AM UTC
My kit just arrived yesterday, and must say it´s good. If U not order it yet, do it. The etch is on it´s way from Jadar and will hit my bench next week. Going thrue the old Windsock about this bird I cant find any good pics of the interior. For the interior was it steeltubings or wooden frame?

For the decal choice I´ll will do something diffrent, the plane did service in Sweden before we got an official Air force. So a Swedish colourscheme and markings for me.No decals for this yet, but my Friends working on a set of decal for it, if U are interested.

Regards

Larsa Q
Louis
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Bas-Rhin, France
KitMaker: 472 posts
AeroScale: 471 posts
Posted: Friday, February 05, 2010 - 06:33 AM UTC
Hi,

P2 photo4 you see a big hole into the fabric and "squaretubing"

Regards
Repainted
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,058 posts
AeroScale: 1,004 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 - 05:41 AM UTC
Thank´s Louis
Got the etch from Jadar today and must say that I´m tempted to start up this build,but I have not the space on the desk for it so I´ll have to finish off some models first.
Larsa Q
 _GOTOTOP