Joe Passaseo works a little magic into and old Revell classic with his diorama titled "The Rescue". This watery scene depicts of the one of Germany's U-boats; U-47. The story behind this diorama goes that survivors from a depth-charged U-boat are rescued by a fellow captain and crew operating in the same area.
- Scale 1:125
- Vintage Revell U-47 u boat kit w/ interior.
- As the interior of this kit is far from representing a real u boat, it was
- Cut at the waterline and set in a sculpted sea made from plaster.
- Various hatches were opened on the deck.
- Deck weapons, 8.8cm & 2cm flak, were detailed with brass rod and hand wheels.
- Conning tower was detailed with bits and pieces to add the details this kit lacks.
- Vents were drilled out but received plastic strip as backing to prevent the see thru effect.
- Converted from 1:120 TT model railroad figures.
- Added life vests made from Milliput.
- Figures in the water were cut at the waist and set with gloss medium in holes drilled in the plaster sea.
Paint & weathering
Model Shipwrights would like to thank Joe Passaseo for providing this photo feature of his U-47 build; The Rescue
- Tamiya acrylics and Humbrol enamel washes. Pastels were used to fade and weather the paint.