login   |    register
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: WWII Soviet Armor
For discussions related to WW2 era Soviet armor.
MBV-2 Build Log
JamesL27
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Joined: June 02, 2013
KitMaker: 141 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 - 03:50 PM UTC
Thanks Greg. Threw some decals on the other night,




I was thinking of only doing the 18t and CCCP decal to keep it historically ambiguous, but I liked the decals so much I just kept going with them and matched one of the finish options from the kit. Got a pin wash on the kit and started some dot filtering, I'll get some pictures of that soon.
GregCopplin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
Joined: September 06, 2011
KitMaker: 144 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2019 - 03:49 AM UTC
Are you going to build a superstructure around the AA gun still?
JamesL27
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Joined: June 02, 2013
KitMaker: 141 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2019 - 04:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Are you going to build a superstructure around the AA gun still?


Yea, made a start on it, but will have to start over. Made an alignment error, but I'm not too far along so it's no big deal. The quad Maxim hasn't been attached, it's just sitting there for now.
GregCopplin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
Joined: September 06, 2011
KitMaker: 144 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2019 - 04:47 AM UTC
I canít wait to see the outcome of that piece !
JamesL27
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Joined: June 02, 2013
KitMaker: 141 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2019 - 06:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I canít wait to see the outcome of that piece !


I'm looking forward to it to. Should be a pretty cool looking, and as far as I know, a first for 1/35 scale

Finished up the flatcar. May do some pigments to the bed, but I think I'll wait until I have the maxim enclosure in place.









Next, I can start weathering the MBV-2, or finish up the pigments on the railbed, or start work on the Maxim enclosure.
JamesL27
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Joined: June 02, 2013
KitMaker: 141 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, August 23, 2019 - 10:19 AM UTC
Started work on the Maxim enclosure.






Got the main structure done, and it's pretty big. Still needs a little sanding and filling, then it's on to building the support arms, armored roof and adding the details.
GregCopplin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
Joined: September 06, 2011
KitMaker: 144 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, August 23, 2019 - 12:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Started work on the Maxim enclosure.






Got the main structure done, and it's pretty big. Still needs a little sanding and filling, then it's on to building the support arms, armored roof and adding the details.


That looks amazing, canít wait to see the finished product
JamesL27
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Joined: June 02, 2013
KitMaker: 141 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 - 11:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

That looks amazing, canít wait to see the finished product


Thanks Greg. More progress made today after a busy weekend.






It's almost done. Only thing left is the armored roof. Some things are a little out of square, I think that's what is really the most difficult part of scratchbuilding, but I'm getting better. Those hinges may be a bit undersized, but I found them in the spare photo-etch pile and figured they'd look better than any scratch attempt I'd manage.

Next up, the roof, and then painting. Got an easy work week coming up so I should be able to make some progress.
GregCopplin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
Joined: September 06, 2011
KitMaker: 144 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 - 12:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text


Quoted Text

That looks amazing, canít wait to see the finished product


Thanks Greg. More progress made today after a busy weekend.






It's almost done. Only thing left is the armored roof. Some things are a little out of square, I think that's what is really the most difficult part of scratchbuilding, but I'm getting better. Those hinges may be a bit undersized, but I found them in the spare photo-etch pile and figured they'd look better than any scratch attempt I'd manage.

Next up, the roof, and then painting. Got an easy work week coming up so I should be able to make some progress.



Itís really coming along beautifully. This is gonna be a great piece when itís finished !