Thank you for posting and sorry for late answer - I's still having internet access problems (!).Ivanhoe6
Thank you! I subscribed myself to Scale Hobbist product notification and I filled up the basket, safe this item. I will proceed to check-out when is re-supplied (it will be the third time - I missed the first shipment)
I've seen it on Amazon, though.Joel
The praise I received here from an experienced modeler like you made my day! Thank You, sir! To be honest, I have to share credit with Rowan Baylis (Merlin) because he has a very sharp editing eye and slapped my wrist (kindly) more than once when I went wrong. I should thank him for that for sure!
The episode described in the review, together with Tidal Wave, are the pride of Romanian Aeronautics during WWII (for the period they were under Axis control). I found additional info in Squadron Signal book on Lightning. "Hutch" was the only pilot of his squadron do return home (
). He was credited, erroneously, with downing five FW 190 (at the best he can be credited with damaging two IAR-80, based on post-war analysis).Aber
makes excellent gun barrels and they're affordable.RB Productions
based in Ireland, owned by the Romanian modeler Radu Brinzan makes accurate decals for Romanian aircraft. Last time I checked his online store had no decals for early IAR-80 (see infra, addenda
Thank you, sir! I'm very eager to start the new build on the same kit: after buying the IAR 80/81 book by Radu Brinzan, I discovered yet another few mistakes which I like to correct in my future build(s).ADDENDA
As my good luck goes, I have received the IAR 80/81 book after
I built the aircraft and sent the review. Oh, well...
There are a few other things you may like to consider:
- the colors I chose are quite good, the brown should be less red;
- the interior seems to have been painted with under-surface blue, not RLM02 (not 100% sure);
- the camouflage scheme should be wrap-around, with light blue only under wings and stabilizers, but not under the main fuselage;
- the number of the aircraft should be between 1 and 20, and no higher for this version. White 137 is an IAR 80A (it carries three pairs of MGs, not two);
- the yellow theater marking should by applied only under the wings, and on a longer span (one panel line more towards inside of the wing);
- the factory applied camouflage seems to have a loose pattern from NE to SW but not as broad as I sprayed them.
Thank you all!