Just a quick comment from someone new to the aircraft modeling side of the hobby regarding the painting of canopies:
I have always feared this aspect of the hobby after trying to hand paint the canopies on a B-25 so many, many years ago in high school. (I am now 68)
Well I think I have now over come my 51 year canopy-fobia. For the Lysander I tried die-cut, pre-cut after market masks. Now I am on to building a Revell Arado 196 and using a different process.
The pre-cut masks are just a tad smaller than I would like relative to the size of the windowpane. They don't quite fill the space and can be put on slightly crooked because of this.
Saw this next process on a YouTube video: For the Arado I used Tamiya masking tape. Placing the tape on the glass, I first went around the edges of the windowpane with a technical pencil. This pushes the tape tightly into the edges and corners of the pane. Using a brand new #11 Hobby blade I went over the pencil line lightly to cut out the mask. Removing the excess tape I how had a perfectly sized widow mask ready for painting.
One more item of possible advice: After masking the entire canopy I first spray it with a coating of Matte Clear (the Tamiya stuff is better than the Model Masters - in MHO.) The clear seals the tape edges and makes the final coat of paint less likely to creep under the taped edges and go where it is not wanted.
(I use Matte clear rather than Gloss Clear as it is less runny than gloss so it is also less likely to go where it is not wanted. AND I think the top coat of finish paint adheres better to the matte than the glossy.
My habit then is to first spray the interior frame color and then the exterior. I have yet to try the trick of masking the INSIDE AS WELL and painting both the inside and outside of the canopy separately.
Remember to cover the inside of the canopy in some way so that any possible over spray from doing the outside does not get on the inside surface of the glass and ruin all your fun.Maybe not prefect but WAY BETTER than the B-25!
Lysander canopy using after market die-cut masks. Results OK but more "fuzzy". Not as clean and sharp as the hand cut masking on the Arado: