login   |    register
User Support
This forum deals with technical issues, email problems or other support related issues.
Rouge Paper
England - South West, United Kingdom
Joined: October 30, 2006
KitMaker: 9 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 08, 2011 - 04:26 AM UTC
Hi all,
I remember years ago (30 odd), using a sandpaper type thing which was called Rouge Paper, very fine and must be ideal for use on plastic.
Maybe it's known by a different name these days ?
I am trying to sourse some in the UK without much luck so far.
Hope someone can help.

Here's hoping

Staff MemberAssociate Editor
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
Joined: June 20, 2008
KitMaker: 3,635 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 08, 2011 - 04:46 AM UTC
Never heard of it, but I assume you've had a look in the ladies' nail-care section of Boots to find the foam-core emery sticks used to file fingernails? They come in a range of grits (from very fine to "so stupidly fine you think they're smooth") and have grit on both sides of the stick. Cheap as chips and do a great job cleaning up plastic parts. Best of all, being flexible the plastic dust cleans out easier than with traditional files.


PS: This really ought to have been posted in the General Modelling or Tools forums - this one is mainly for computer problems relating to using the site...