by: Jean-Luc Formery [ ]
IntroductionScale Aviation Modeller International is a modeling magazine which started in january 1995. Its content is mainly focused on model kits so inside you will find news about the plastic model kit industry (kits, decals, accessories, books etc…), model kit reviews, build articles, show reports, Columns, profiles, scale plans, etc…
Below is a list of all the aircraft types featured in this issue with a detailed account of the information provided.
Scale Aviation Modeller International Volume 18 Issue 02
Blohm&Voss Bv 222
- 4 pages build article of the 1:72 scale Revell kit built out of the box.
- 3 pages build article of the 1:144 scale Minicraft kit built as a DHL Freighter using Draw Decal markings.
CAC CA-12 Boomerang
- 1/2 page review build article of the 1:72 scale Special Hobby kit built out of the box.
de Havilland Mosquito
- 2 pages historical article accompanied by 4 profiles.
- 1 page of kits, accessories, decals and references lists.
- 2 pages of scale plans.
- 2 pages build article of the 1:72 scale Tamiya kit built out of the box.
Douglas F4D Skyray
- 6 pages build article of the 1:72 scale Airfix kit built by Mike Grant.
Focke Wulf Ta152 C-1
- 4 pages build article of the 1:48 scale Hobby Boss kit built by Gary Hatcher.
Grumman C-2A Greyhound
- 4 pages review build article of the 1:48 scale Kinetic kit built out of the box.
Grumman F6F-3/5 Hellcat
- 1/2 page review build article of the 1:72 scale Italeri kit built out of the box.
Handley Page Halifax Mk.I/II
- 6 pages build article of the 1:72 scale Revell kit built from test shots.
Handley Page Jetstream
- 2 pages build article of the 1:72 scale Airfix kit converted to a T.2 using a M&E resin set.
Mitsubishi Ki-20 "Ann"
- 1 page review build article of the 1:72 scale AZ Model kit built out of the box.
Nakajima B5N2 "Kate"
- 2 pages build article of the 1:48 scale Hasegawa kit painted with Testors range of paint.
Note: "review build" articles almost only feature pictures of the finished model while "build" articles also feature in progress pictures.
Special this month…This issue also features the following articles:
- UK 2012 Show Diary (580 Modellers).
- Classic Plastic monthly look in the Attic (Phoenix Classic, Heller Bf109).
- IPMS USA Column.
Included this month in SAMI is Part 7 of their Airkraft Guide sponsored by Airfix. The first one from 2005 was in A-5 format while this time it is A-4. The Airkraft Guide will return each month for some time and once complete, will constitute a guide for entry level and intermediate modelers, providing the most important informations and techniques for our hobby.
Please remember, when contacting retailers or manufacturers, to mention that you saw their products highlighted here - on AeroScale.