The set comprises a total of 129 parts which should be easy to put in place with only a little amount of Cyanoacrylate glue. No bending or assembling is needed this time. Some parts will have to be embossed with a ball pen though, to give them an appropriate appearance (vents). Below is a list of the panels provided in this set:
- several access panels for the fuselage (about 20).
- 7 vent panels located around the nose.
- 5 frames for the smaller windows of the fuselage.
- 2 lateral gunner postion window frames.
- 8 panels for the rudders (3 on each side).
- 8 fuel acces hatches (4 on each wing).
- 12 access hatches for the engine nacelles (3 for each)
- 30 access hatches for the wings (15 for each)
The instruction are rather small (A5) but one shouldn't have any problem to find the appropriate location of each panel on the surface of the plastic parts.
This is a very nice PE set that will add quite an interesting touch to your B-24 Model. It is destined to the D (Revell) or J (Monogram) kits and though the price might appear a little high, I can nevertheless highly recommend it as it will have an important visual impact on the finished model.
Highs: Visualy attractive set.Lows: High price.Verdict: Highly recommended as it will have an important impact on the finish of the model.