The heavy fighter was a popular concept in the 1930s and 40s. An aircraft with two engines would have more power, more range, and more carrying capacity and could be an escort for bombers, a night fighter, or a heavily armed bomber destroyer. The trade-off, of course, was maneuverability. A number of designs were tried but, in the end, only a few found true success. This campaign is about the fighting twins of WWII.
The Rules and Regs
1. Any twin engined fighter (prop, jet, rocket) that flew from 1939-45 in any actual color and marking scheme carried by that aircraft (including pre- and post-war).
2. No what-ifs.
3. Any scale and any nationality that fits into rule 1.
4. Models can be stand-alone or in a diorama.
5. Enter as many as you like but each modeler will only get one ribbon.
6. Models must be no more than 25% started at beginning of campaign and you must post at least one photo of your start in the campaign thread.
7. At least two in progress shots of each model should be posted in the campaign thread and at least two finished shots in the campaign gallery.
8. Oh yeah, have fun!
This ribbon designates that the recipient has successfully completed the 2019 Fighting Twins of WWII campaign.