Nightfighters have a long and interesting history in aerial warfare. From the various machines the British sent up to combat Zeppelins and Gothas over London in WWI to the jet powered F3Ds and F-89s of the '50's there have been pilots willing to climb into aircraft and fly around in the dark to complete their mission. It was in WWII that airborne radar turned the hit and miss attempts of an earlier time into truly deadly machines that could seek out and destroy the enemy.
This Campaign will focus on those aircraft specially designated as Night Fighters. Airplanes converted for such use or designed as such from the get go will be eligible. We'll be cutting it off in the mid-1950s since fighters designed after that were nearly all equipped with radar from the beginning and were thus able to function day or night.
Join us in celebrating these Devils in the Dark!
The Rules and Regs
1) Entry must be a dedicated night fighter aircraft, either designed as such or modified for the job, any nationality, any time period up to 1955 and No what-ifs.
2) no starting before the campaign and the model should be done at the end of the campaign.
3) Build logs and lots of posting are encouraged.
4) Stand alone or Dio's allowed.
5) Work in Progress Pics must be posted in the Official Campaign thread...
6) At least 2 Clear Pictures of the finished model must be posted in the Official Campaign Gallery to be awarded the Campaign Ribbon
7) all scales are welcome.
8) Entries cannot be used for more than 1 campaign.
9) Honour those brave (crazy?) pilots and crew members who voluntarily flew around in the dark, and have fun
Only one award to be awarded per entrant. Each entrant may complete as many kits as they wish within the time-scale but only one ribbon will be awarded