Historically Group Builds help the individual modeler & the community as a whole.
A. It usually provides information that one modeler knows but another may not.
B. Campaign ribbons are a mark of participation.
C. The modeler has a chance to push or stretch their talents and improve skills.
This GB will give everyone a chance to clear their desks and finish projects on building boards and in the stacks of all partially built or inprogress builds and even start new projects. But more than a GB I want to put you and your builds up to the manufacturers. This will show them your works so they can add them to their website, Facebook and etc locations. I will ask them for their input see if we can get them to step up with awards of their own. There are no garuantees to this.
The Rules and Regs
1. For the Aeroscale "Knights of the Sky" GB 2011 and we will open it to:
a. All builds.
b. All vendors.
c. All scales.
e. In progress.
f. Unfinished hangar queens. But must be finished for this GB.
g. Injection moulded.
h. Vacuform plastic.
i. Resin, metal paper or wood. The components can be any combination thereof.
j. Kit conversions.
l. Super detailed.
m.Prototypes or main production versions.
n. Colour scheme from a real subject and relevant to your build.
o. The build cannot have been used in another GB.
2. It must be a real Early Aviation subject up to 1934.
3. Each participant will submit a build thread (in Early Aviation title) a blog with images. Historical images of the original aircraft are a must to include. If the content meets conditions it will be considered for submission to Aeroscale for publishing as a front page Feature. A gallery will be set up for finished builds to be posted.
4. It will run from January 31st to December 31st 2011.
5. A campaign ribbon will be offered on completion.
6. Manufacturers will be approached and asked to honour the builder who uses their products in this GB build. There are no guarantees in this arena.
We will have a Campaign Ribbon and a Gallery for the finished build images to show the various manufacturers your work.
Wow! a year and a day. 16 awards, 34 builds for our small genre is impressive folks. Already others are asking when will we do our next GB. I know I have been amazed and have learned a thing or two or three about building. Even during the hard personal times we could come here and find comradarie. The sun is bright and as we come to the end of this campaign I can report it has been more than successful. JackFlash out bound at Angels 3 with a wingover salute to all participants. To the next operation / Mission.