Hosted by Rowan Baylis
P-47M
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 08:17 AM UTC

Here are some more pictures of a P-47M from Revell of Germany in 1/72 scale. I built this model over a year and a half ago but forgot to put the red on the engine cowling. I have since done that and thought I'd show it off.
I think the red cowling and the blue camoflauge really sets each other off. Enjoy, Russell.
Kriegshund
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 132 posts
AeroScale: 108 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 09:12 AM UTC
Great looking Thunderbolt. I agree, nice contrast with the red and blue. A real change of pace.
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 02:16 PM UTC
Nice P47 Russell!
One thing I love about Thunderbolts is the huge variety of colour schemes they carried, and this is a great one.
How did you find the Revell kit?. Ive looked at it a few times but havent picked it up yet.Is this a decal option with the kit or aftermarket decals?
Im buiilding the Tamiya Razorback in 1:72 at the moment,,great kit!
Nige
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 04:28 PM UTC
Hi Lampie, yes I found the kit at a local hobby shop about two years ago. The decals came with the kit and went on pretty well. Thanks for the compliments.
This aircraft represents the 56th fighter group, 63 fighter squadron. I really like to the two tone blue and natural metal undersides. It would be interesting to build one from the 61 fighter squadron, it was a dark purple overall, with natural metal undersides. The 62 fighter squadron had a two tone green, grey upper surface and I think also featured natural metal undersides as well.
It would be neat to have all three. The 56th is one of my favorite fighter groups. They of course stuck with the "jug" throughout the war, while everyone else in the 8th went to the P-51.
I really like the Mustang but the Thunderbolt has a special place with me. Take care. Russell
 _GOTOTOP