lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 10:23 PM UTC
Hey Jean Luc!
You made it to the finish line
Congratulations on 2 more fine builds and a great thread. I kind of got the idea with the German bit
That Henschel looks HUGE at the side of the 109! If I didnt know otherwise I would have thought that it was a 1:48 model at the side of a 1:72 one.
Hopefully one day I will get the chance to see some of your work in person.
Whats next on the agenda?
Nige
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 10:25 PM UTC
Hi Jean-Luc

just great! Congratulations!

best wishes

Steffen

P.S. still waiting for the masks ....

P.P.S. here your pix to show the distorsion

TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 - 11:16 AM UTC
Hi Nigel and Steffen!

Yes the distortion is obvious on the first picture! Thank you for pointing that out. I was farther away for the second picture and used the zoom. The "distorted" picture was taken using the macro feature of my camera. I will try to avoid this in the future.
What's next on the agenda Nigel? An Aleutian diorama with two P-39s, one P-38 and one P-40! This one will probably keep me busy for a few months!

Jean-Luc
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 - 12:57 PM UTC
Great job on the two birds, Jean-Luc! It was cool builds to follow and as always masterly conducted.

Quoted Text

An Aleutian diorama with two P-39s, one P-38 and one P-40! This one will probably keep me busy for a few months!
Jean-Luc

Already looking forward to see this one! Thanks for sharing
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 - 02:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

An Aleutian diorama with two P-39s, one P-38 and one P-40! This one will probably keep me busy for a few months!

Wow that sounds great! Will you be using some of the pre moulded diorama parts you reviewed a few months ago?

Most people find that when a baby comes along the amount of space in the house shrinks,but you start building 4 plane dioramas in 1:48!!! :-) :-)
Nige
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Thursday, March 08, 2007 - 01:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yes the distortion is obvious on the first picture! Thank you for pointing that out. I was farther away for the second picture and used the zoom. The "distorted" picture was taken using the macro feature of my camera. I will try to avoid this in the future.

Hi Jean-Luc

important is to avoid the wide angle lens, which causes the distorsion. OTOH do not use the zoom because the more you zoom the more you loose depth of focus. Best is to shoot at normal settings (50mm on a normal camera ... I do not know the digi settings for this) and as much pix as you can get then cut the pic to shape ... use a tripod ..

but I guess as an artist you know this all :-) .. just to be sure

cheers

Steffen
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2007 - 03:50 AM UTC
Excellant modelling Jean Luc and superb results on both of them. I feel that I could tackle the He 126 after witnessing your build, thanks a lot
Mal
WingTzun
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 853 posts
AeroScale: 137 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2007 - 05:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

What's next on the agenda Nigel? An Aleutian diorama with two P-39s, one P-38 and one P-40! This one will probably keep me busy for a few months!

Jean-Luc

Beautiful work as usual Jean-Luc. I can't believe how fast you work and still turn out such great quality. Can't wait to see your next project.
FalkeEins
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 868 posts
AeroScale: 690 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2007 - 12:46 AM UTC

superb workmanship Jean-Luc - and Steffen your models are super too !!

I thought in fact the colours looked too vivid and pristine during the build but in the last pic and the F-2 diorama the finish is much 'flatter' - is that just post shading...?
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2007 - 01:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

superb workmanship Jean-Luc - and Steffen your models are super too !!

Thank you Neil, but I know better. The Captain is more than just a few levels above me. (seriously and no kidding here)

My problem is, that I do not change/improve my style as say 15 years ago ... sure I learn something new every day, but the bits get smaller ... e.g. I never got fancy of preshading I tried once and found it does not fit my style .. so I passed it and maybe lost a chance to improve ... OTOH I like pigments (mostly for my tank projects)

best wishes

Steffen
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2007 - 10:47 PM UTC
Hi again guys!

Thanks for the kind words...
Steffen you probably know what's inside the ICM F-4 box but here are some pictures for those interested. I will probably write a review this week.

Basically it's the same kit as the F-2 with a different underwing (round wheel bays) and different decals.

Neil, the flatter finish was achieved with a mix of Future (Klir in France) and Tamiya Flat base. I also added some pastel powders at the very end.
Mal, I'm looking forward to see you doing a Hs 126! Maybe with a desert scheme? That's the decoration I wanted to do first. I guess I will do it when the MPM group will release their Henschel kit in a few months!

Jesper, Nigel and David, the Aleutian project will be approx. 110cm X 90cm in size... definitely my biggest project so far! So don't expect it to be finished soon. I will use various Mark58 PSP products and will add some ground vehicles, figures, tents etc... I'll post some pics when I start.

Thanks again!

Jean-Luc
 _GOTOTOP