_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Feedback
Have a suggestion or topic about this site? Post it here.
IL 2 Sturmovik, I have a server.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 01:19 AM UTC
Last year we had a few, then, Armorites, who played online at IL 2 Sturmovik. Recently a thread about this was reserected and from that I looked again at creating a server.

Well I'm pleased to announce that I think that I have cracked it and I'm in the process of putting together a little scenario that we can play on line. Now don't get too excited because it might not work, but I have had it on the UBI COM site and it worked, for me. I'm not sure what will happen when others try to get in the game but if you are even slightly interested then do give it a go.

The game will be called Aeroscale and the password is CIRCUS. I haven't finished with setting up everything, including the writing of the scenario, but if you do come on let me know what you think. The realism levels are set quite high, because that's the way I like it. I am planning on having similar games with different levels. I have also restricted the aircraft so no jets.

I am going to be on tonight for a while and hopefully tomorrow night and Friday. I will be able to have it on longer on Friday and I might be able to have it running on Saturday and Sunday as well.

Mal
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,707 posts
AeroScale: 1,119 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 01:50 AM UTC
WOOHOOO!!! Looks like I've got to buy myself a new joystick.... :-) :-)
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 03:32 AM UTC
Nice one Mal!

I've missed our old IL-2 sessions. I never was much good - I spent more time admiring the scenery than fighting(!) but it'd be great to give eveyone something laugh at again! :-)

Personal highlights of the old sessions:

1. The time I flew right past Jean-Luc's He 111 and never spotted him! (So, of course, I've only got his word for the incident! )
2. The time I caught Jean-Luc's '109 in a full-deflection burst! (Of course, it still didn't bring him down and, moments later, I crashed into a hill! :-) )

Weekday evenings are no good for me because of work, but I'll try to join in at the weekend if I get a chance.

All the best

Rowan
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 11:08 AM UTC
I work Monday to Thursday night.......so any day/night Friday to Sunday will do me fellows....
And I expect to get a**e severely kicked in the beginning.... :-)
Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 11:24 AM UTC
Sounds good! Is the version required the same as last time, just Forgotten Battles and 1.22?
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 11:41 PM UTC
I will have the server up on Friday and hopefully Saturday and Sunday too. Friday I will try and have it running from around 4.00pm GMT but I might not be able to untill later 5.00 or even 6.00, but it will be running. Saturday and Sunday will have to be from about 6.00 but I am working on my house and I must get some work done on the new IPMS-UK Kitmaker branch stand, for Telford. I will have it up later this evening.

I am using the Ardennes Summer map which is quite easy to navigate over (even without map icons ) and I am playing with a heavily defended target, not an airfield, for each side. The Allies one is lethel but the Axis one not so much so, at the moment. Having said that I haven't managed to get back from a mission yet, blown out of the sky every time If you come on tonight there won't be any scenario sent so it's really just about seeing if anyone can get on and what they think.

Quoted Text

Sounds good! Is the version required the same as last time, just Forgotten Battles and 1.22?

Yes Eetu, just as before.

Hope to see you there

Mal
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 11:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

2. The time I caught Jean-Luc's '109 in a full-deflection burst! (Of course, it still didn't bring him down and, moments later, I crashed into a hill! )

Thanks Rowan,,I just fell off my chair!! :-) :-) :-) :-)

This sounds more like "Monty Pythons Flying Circus"
Is there a "spectators gallery"?
Nige
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2006 - 01:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Would you mind fill me in on this one O' Enlighted One? I know what the IL 2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles is, but what is 1.22?

SmileyCentral.com
Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2006 - 01:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Would you mind fill me in on this one O' Enlighted One? I know what the IL 2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles is, but what is 1.22?

SmileyCentral.com

Sorry, my bad. I meant version 1.22. When you install FB, it's 1.00 and you have to update it to version 1.22 in order to play online.
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2006 - 01:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

SmileyCentral.com

Sorry, my bad. I meant version 1.22. When you install FB, it's 1.00 and you have to update it to version 1.22 in order to play online.

It's ok Eetu. Can I update to the right version online?
Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2006 - 01:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

SmileyCentral.com

It's ok Eetu. Can I update to the right version online?

Sure, you can download the patch from several locations. I first looked at the offifial site, but I couldn't find it.

Virtualpilots.fi has the patch and you can download it here:
http://www.virtualpilots.fi/files/
The site is Finnish, but you can't really go wrong here. It's the first link under "IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles", called "IL-2: Forgotten Battles -päivitys"
Removed by original poster on 10/31/07 - 19:25:47 (GMT).
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2006 - 06:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

2. The time I caught Jean-Luc's '109 in a full-deflection burst! (Of course, it still didn't bring him down and, moments later, I crashed into a hill! )

Nige

Hi all!

I must say I do not remember that such an event ever occurred! I think Rowan has probably shot me down while we were flying on the same side... :-)

Jean-Luc
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2006 - 07:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Nige

Hi all!

I must say I do not remember that such an event ever occurred! I think Rowan has probably shot me down while we were flying on the same side... :-)

Jean-Luc

ROWAN!!! THAT is NOT very nice of you to do that.....I think that you should apologise nicely to Jean-Luc.... :-) :-) :-) :-)
Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2006 - 08:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Can play in Aeroscale server, i got PF+FB+AEP v 4.04m? You need that if you want play any server, expect yours...

Check your six!

You mean that can you play in armorama server with 4.04m? I think that's impossible, because 4.01 introduced the new pre-BOB flight model, that's not bacwards compatible.
But I've heard that you can play online with a newer version than the server if you don't use planes etc. that the earlier version doesn't have. Haven't tested it though.

If you want to play with 1.22 you can install multiple versions of IL2 with relative ease. You just copy FB+EAP+PF to a new location (now your OS doesn't "know" you have it still, because unistall clears the registry of the original install's information), then unistall the original. Now you can install FB (or PB+AEP, PF or whatever you want) and still have 4.04m on your computer.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2006 - 10:43 PM UTC
I am just about to go and try the server, It's 18.06 here at the mo. Hope to see some of you there.
Mal
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, October 13, 2006 - 11:23 PM UTC
Well I didn't see anyone and I also tried it without the password but still nobody came to die Let me know if you try and can't get on.

I'm just going now to open the server, it's 18.57 here

Mal
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 10:57 PM UTC
Hi Mal

Work got in the way of me joining in - it'll be a few weeks before I can give everyone a laugh with my Morocco Mole style of dogfighting.

All the best

Rowan
 _GOTOTOP