_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
News
AK: Real Color Air
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2018 - 09:45 AM UTC

AK Interactive have sent us details of their Real Colors Air range of paints designed specifically for aircraft modelling. There are over 100 colours in the range at present, which are available individually or in sets of three or four paints depending on the featured scheme.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
rochaped
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 679 posts
AeroScale: 669 posts
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2018 - 12:36 PM UTC
Ok, saw the tutorials and it seems a great product, an acrylic similar to Mr.Hobby, easily blends with other acrylics (non vinyl type) according to the videos, and has good density and fast drying time. One niggle is the price tag...one jar € 2,30 but a set of 3 € 7,50??? Someone skiped math class
brekinapez
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
AeroScale: 158 posts
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2018 - 02:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Ok, saw the tutorials and it seems a great product, an acrylic similar to Mr.Hobby, easily blends with other acrylics (non vinyl type) according to the videos, and has good density and fast drying time. One niggle is the price tag...one jar € 2,30 but a set of 3 € 7,50??? Someone skiped math class

Oh, but don't you see...you get a lovely package to hold the multiple bottles in until you get it home and tear it open. Well worth the extra expense in my book.
rochaped
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 679 posts
AeroScale: 669 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 - 06:31 AM UTC
Ohh, I could I miss that important detail that rockets every price tag...the packaging
WAYNEO
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nelson, New Zealand
KitMaker: 42 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 - 05:52 PM UTC
If their aircraft colors are like their Armour ones i would be very wary of them. And their book. Their armor book was over simplified and i suspect this one will be no different.Its to big a subject for a small book and to cover all four major combatants Their paint is very good though and sprays very well. The other thing that gets me is they say they have scaled the colors but they never say which scale they have scaled for. which really means it only good for a certain scale. Sorry to sound so negative but if your going to call your colors real colors get them right and i learnt the hard way with their amour book and paint
 _GOTOTOP