_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
News
Wingnut Wings: Jeannin Stahltaube
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 05:27 PM UTC

Wingnut Wings have released details of their forthcoming Jeannin Stahltaube which is due to hit the shelves in a couple of months’ time, plus a look ahead to future items, including the chance to pick up a few bargains from a small supply of water-damaged stock.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
AeroScale: 1,198 posts
Posted: Monday, August 28, 2017 - 04:13 AM UTC
A bit obscure given that WNW has yet to do a SPAD or Nieuport, but still a lovely piece of plastic for sure!
Kevlar06
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
AeroScale: 833 posts
Posted: Monday, August 28, 2017 - 05:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

A bit obscure given that WNW has yet to do a SPAD or Nieuport, but still a lovely piece of plastic for sure!

In an interview a few years ago, Peter Jackson said he was going to have WnW concentrate on WWI aircraft that had not been done in plastic in the past. In 1/32 scale there are at least 7 versions of Nieuports from the 11 to the 28 by Italeri, Academy, Roden, Special Hobby and A-Model, all currently available on the market; and two versions of SPAD XIIIs by Hobbycraft and several versions of the SPAD VII by Roden. All these kits are respectable, some a little more respectable than others-- with the Hobbycraft SPAD XIII being very nice, at a very competitive low price point. I think WnW has stuck to Peter Jackson's original business model fairly closely, and has released some fairly obscure WWI aircraft, now including this Dove. The only exception has been the Camel, previously released twice by Hobbycraft and Academy (yeeech!). The second "Aces" Hobbycraft issue was the best on the market and pretty respectable until the WnW offering. I think WnW released their Camel because the Academy version is so bad and the "Aces" Hobbycraft version is becoming rare, so WnW saw a marketing opportunity. Personally, I'd like to see them release a 1 1/2 Strutter and a Dolphin to complete their Sopwith stable, but I guess only time will tell. The Dove is a nice addition, and is probably the most graceful of all early WWI aircraft. A two seater Albatros would also be nice, as would an SVA, Hanroit, Aviatic and Phoenix. I hope WnW has the energy to last long enough to get there.
VR, Russ
 _GOTOTOP