_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
News
Arma Hobby: Grumman F2F-1 PRO-Set
Mecenas
KitMaker: 1,596 posts
AeroScale: 1,275 posts
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2015 - 12:33 AM UTC

Arma Hobby prepares their latest model kit. This one will be an American Grumman F2F-1 prepared in a "pro" series, which means it will include also photo-etched parts.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2015 - 03:08 AM UTC
Gotta be honest, and as I keep on looking at those pictures, the PE landing gear is a major issue for me. I'm not a huge fan of PE, and I do struggle getting it to glue to where I want it to. The thought of trying to do the main landing gear out of PE is more then a little daunting.
Joel
AttackSquadron
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 8 posts
AeroScale: 8 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 01:28 AM UTC
Thank you for comment about Attack Squadron kit. Why photoetched parts in landing gear? Grumman early airplanes so complicated landing gear is hard to built.

We tried to balance resin and pe parts to make it buildable to modeler without problems. PE strenghtens landing gear and makes it easier to built. Fit is very good according to our tests and I will post built photos shortly.
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 02:26 AM UTC
If it's not too late to correct it, F2Fs never had shoulder straps. All 1930s US Navy fighters used lap belts only. Shoulder straps didn't come into use until after the War began.

If it's too late to correct it, may I suggest an amedment to the instruction sheet advising builders to feed the straps to the spares box?
Joel_W
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 07:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thank you for comment about Attack Squadron kit. Why photoetched parts in landing gear? Grumman early airplanes so complicated landing gear is hard to built.

We tried to balance resin and pe parts to make it buildable to modeler without problems. PE strenghtens landing gear and makes it easier to built. Fit is very good according to our tests and I will post built photos shortly.

Looking forward to your pictures, as honestly the only issue I have is my ability to handle the PE landing gear. This is one model I don't want to screw up, as you can see my favorite aircraft manufacture is Grummans. Why? I grew up 20 min from the main gate in the 60-70s.

Joel
AttackSquadron
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 8 posts
AeroScale: 8 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 07:11 PM UTC
Do not worry, it works easy. Our 3D designer built it and he is not modeler!

See more pictures here http://www.armahobby.com/1-48-grumman-f2f-1-pro-set.html

BTW even if you did something wrong, first time replacement parts are sent free, just fill request: http://www.armahobby.com/webpage/wsparcie-faq.html
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2015 - 12:55 AM UTC
Will there be a bending jig for the wheel well doors?
Joel_W
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2015 - 01:06 AM UTC
Ok,
I'm sold. I never pre-order, but as soon as the kit is available, I'll be ordering one.

I still have the Accurate Miniatures F3F-2, so all I need is a F1F and I have my start of all things Grummans.
Joel
 _GOTOTOP