_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Handley Page 0/400 Bomber
modelnut4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 117 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2003 - 04:16 AM UTC
Hi All,

I am working up plans for a Handley Page WWI 0/400 bomber. I have the basic plan set from an old flying kit that comes up to the right size for the old warbird. I blew it up on our fancy copier at work and pieced together a plan set that I can use to come up with a 1/32 model, yes I know it comes out to a 36 inch wingspan and 27 inch fuselage length :-) .

I have a few sites here and there but I would like to find more. Since it is an open aircraft just about everything inside the fuselage would be viewable from the cockpit opening or the center open area. I found one site where a fellow made up a 1/48 scratchbuilt but some of the shots are a little vague on where things go inside.

I did a 1/72 model of the Airfix kit years ago but it is pretty thin on stuff that the larger scale would include. Any help would be appreciated.

capnjock
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 860 posts
AeroScale: 75 posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2003 - 11:23 AM UTC
Years ago Model airplane News published a book of plans that included drawings of the 0400.
I believe it showed some interior stuff. They may still be available from them.
capnjock
TrooperD
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 31 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2003 - 07:39 PM UTC
There have been several good articles,namely the old Airfix mag and Scale Models over the years that have included internal sketchs of the 0/400.If you are interested,and patient,I could dig these out,the problem being I have just moved and they are still packed in boxes at present,and I could photo copy them and post them to you.E-mail me if you would like me to do this.....Dave
 _GOTOTOP