_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
CyberHobby 1/32 Bf109E3 Review Build
DougN1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 410 posts
AeroScale: 409 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 06:20 AM UTC
Thanks guys! I'm always happy if someone enjoys following a build and/or picks up any tips along the way

@ Fredrick - I think the girls are busy helping Chuk out, but he must be having a hard time with them since we have not seen him for awhile

@ Merlin(Rowan) - As I have way more models than I could ever realistically build, I have moved away from detailing things that cannot be seen, and now just focus those energies to things that can, like the aerial wire. I actually enjoy making them, and feel they really set off the build.

Thanks again!

Doug
greif8
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 673 posts
AeroScale: 492 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 09:45 PM UTC
Superb build Doug! I too think the aerial wire is really first rate indeed. Well done sir!

Ernest
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2014 - 01:45 AM UTC
Doug, I feel the same way about detailing myself. I've spent countless hours detailing this and that, that can barely be seen once the model is done and displayed. I'm still trying to decide if detailing wheel wells is worth it for display models that are never going to be turned over.

Still it's hard for an old timer to change his ways.
Joel
redcap
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 753 posts
AeroScale: 311 posts
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2014 - 02:30 AM UTC
A "stand out" scheme amongst an ocean of 109's - brilliant model!

Gary
sherman-vc
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 254 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 10:20 AM UTC
Hello, I know this is an old thread but when I searched this kit up on the site this looked to be the best tread on the kit. First off nice work Doug. I just picked up this kit, don't usually build aircraft so I have zero reference on the 109. The one thing about this kit that got to me was the British marking option. Was not able to find out much about this and would really like to get more information on the 109 in British service. Was this just a one off that was captured and put in British marking for testing and evaluation or were some actually used by the British in combat? Any help would be great.

Regards,
Rod
 _GOTOTOP