_GOTOBOTTOM
Start Here (for Beginners)
This forum is for younger modelers or people just starting out in the hobby.
Moved here
gmccabe01
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Cork, Ireland
KitMaker: 67 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 - 08:02 AM UTC
Hi all, moved here form armour, live in a 1 bed apartment so no more dio's for a while lol. But anyway down to brass tacks, I'm
building the Messerschmitt Bf 110C/E over MTO (Limited Edition) 1/48 scale and will be hanging it from the ceiling.
The aircraft will be banking so the canopy will be seen. My question is should I put a crew in it, and if so where would I get crew to do the job.

Many thanks

Oh ya, great site here, lots of info
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 - 10:03 AM UTC
Putting figures into cockpits has kind of fallen by the wayside in the past 20 years or so; most figure sets available have the pilots standing around on the ground, or getting in or out of their airplanes. Even this guy is made with his arm resting on the cockpit sill requiring the canopy to be open, not something you do when you're flying.

Perhaps he can be made to fit, or perhaps some of us might have some acceptable figures in our spares boxes which can be donated to the cause.
Robbd01
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 791 posts
AeroScale: 213 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 - 10:33 AM UTC
Ya what Jessie says. I have had a few ceiling hangers - pilotless and the prop not spinning. I took them down since they get so dusty hangin' up there especially down/out here in the southwest US.

Cheers
gmccabe01
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Cork, Ireland
KitMaker: 67 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 03:01 AM UTC
Thanks for the replies, and jessie thanks for the link, nothing a sharp knife and some putty couldn't fix
 _GOTOTOP