_GOTOBOTTOM
Start Here (for Beginners)
This forum is for younger modelers or people just starting out in the hobby.
1:72 Academy P51D
Matthew9447
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 6 posts
AeroScale: 6 posts
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2013 - 02:37 AM UTC
Hello, this will be my first try at a kit again since my miserable failure a while ago, and I will be using this thread to ask for assistance as I progress through the build.
My plans for this build is to be out of the box, with everything according to the instructions and not altering the model in anyway, with minimal weathering to kind of get the idea of weathering. So if you would be as kind as to offer me assistance, I would be very grateful! First off, I've done my research into this model and feel like I've got it all down. So here goes the first question, I plan on priming the model, and I was wondering if I should do it with the airframe assembled and canopy on or off, I feel it would be easier with the canopy masked and on, but not sure. And because my base coat is going to be silver(X-11) I feel as if I should prime it with dark grey or black(XF-1)? Also, is the basic rundown of painting prime/preshade>base coat>gloss coat> decals>another gloss coat>Weathering>clear finish? Can't quite wrap my head around all the info and tips/tricks I found on the Internet just yet =D
Matthew9447
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 6 posts
AeroScale: 6 posts
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2013 - 02:40 AM UTC
Oh btw just to save some time the P51D is the second Down for Double flown by Lt Col Gordon Graham in 354th FS/355 FG
Oh and, should I use aclad?
 _GOTOTOP