_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
NEWS
1/48 A-7K Corsair II Cockpit Set
litespeed
Staff MemberNews Reporter
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,976 posts
AeroScale: 1,789 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 08:12 AM UTC
Wolfpack Design have announced the release of a resin cockpit set for the Hobby Boss 1/48 A-7K Corsair II. If you are satisfied with the kits cockpit detail. Then the seats are available separately.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
ViperEnforcer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 204 posts
AeroScale: 202 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 11:42 AM UTC
Now all we need is a full up correction set for the HB kit; else a quality conversion for Hasegawa's A-7D.

Ruffus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Guatemala
KitMaker: 343 posts
AeroScale: 111 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 03:30 PM UTC
How bad is the problem with the HB A-7K? I know there is also a resin conversion for the Hase, but is kind of expensive; not your shake and bake kit, I have the F-100F and the F-106B kits from that company, get then cheap!! at a "modelers flea market", almost lost a friend because I get them first , sorry pal!!

Happy Modeling

Byron
ViperEnforcer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 204 posts
AeroScale: 202 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 04:57 PM UTC
Like the rest of Hobby boss's A-7s, the shape inaccuracies are quite leathal. The forward intake/fuselage sides profile are way too wide, which results in an overly wide intake mouth profile. It's also too wide at the mid fuselage, which results in the model having a pudgy look.

The forward end of the front windscreen is too wide and flat on top. The main fore and aft canopies are also too wide (about 5 scale inches!) and squashed as well.

The wing mounts a bit too low in relation to the main fuselage, the rear donut panel (nozzle shroud) is quite off, and the gear sets too low; being too splayed out.

Pretty much the meat of the problems. Most of the errors are not practical (worth the effort) to fix.

I would suggest to hack out the 2 seat section from the HB kit and graft it to a Hasegawa kit, but I don't think the fuselage cross sections will mate up well. I'd try to source that Check conversion set if possible.

Mike V
 _GOTOTOP