_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
KotS GB 2012 SE5a - lcarroll
tinbanger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,507 posts
AeroScale: 1,814 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2012 - 11:41 AM UTC
Lance
Very well done!
I have followed this build closely and i hope
that when i start my KOTs blog soon i will be
happy if it will end up half as good as the SE5a!
Thanks again.
OEFFAG_153
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,473 posts
AeroScale: 1,450 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2012 - 07:27 PM UTC
Hi Lance,

Sorry I missed the grand finale – You've done a great job there – a very nice rendition of the SE5a. Congratulations on finishing

Mikael
lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,032 posts
AeroScale: 1,025 posts
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2012 - 03:17 AM UTC
Mikael and Richard,
Thank you for the compliments. I just entered some photos on the Campaign Site so I guess she is completed. Great kit and a very enjoyable build; I learned a great deal as well.
By way of a loose end I should have entered a minor less then ideal part of the kit; the flight control attachments were poor and I had to pin the ailerons and elevators. I thought the rudder was too thin for that treatment and now wish I had done the same. Otherwise a really top quality Kit!
Cheers,
Lance
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2012 - 06:06 AM UTC
Excellent Lance!
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2012 - 11:17 AM UTC
Well what can I say Lance expect bloody marvelous !!!!!!

Very impressive build and the rigging turn out super , looking forward to your next build .

Terri
lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2012 - 01:24 PM UTC
Stephen/Terri,
Compliments from folks with your respective talents are very special...Thank You!
Next build; well I know I did some "quacking " about doing up my 1/48th Voodoo however I put it back in what someone recently termed the "closet of doom" late this morning. Not ready for a break from spruce and linen just yet; got the WNW Pfalz DIIIA and Alb DV sitting on the desk and should be at a decision tomorrow. So many kits, so little time!
Cheers, (and Thanks for looking)
Lance
Mgunns
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,423 posts
AeroScale: 1,319 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 03:55 AM UTC
She's a beut Lance! I have that a/m kit but it doesn't have the LVG spinner and has G vice 6 and blue dumbells, I think it is an earlier variant as the SN is different as well. You did a truly outstanding job on it. I am digging mine out and will probably enter it as build two in this KOTS II GB. Yours has inspired me.

Thanks
Mark
lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 02:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

She's a beut Lance! I have that a/m kit but it doesn't have the LVG spinner and has G vice 6 and blue dumbells, I think it is an earlier variant as the SN is different as well. You did a truly outstanding job on it. I am digging mine out and will probably enter it as build two in this KOTS II GB. Yours has inspired me.

Thanks
Mark

Thank You Mark,
Your A/M Set is the same as mine including the Decals. (It is for his previous aircraft, B4863 I used the short exhausts and Coaming from it on this build, the rest of the decals (6's etc) and the spinner and prop were from the Roden/Encore Kit I had in the stash and also the roundels from the Pheon Sheet. Mine, 4891 had the "G" marking prior to 29 Dec 1917 when it was replaced by the "6".
Looking much forward to your build; I did a lot of reading for this one so if you have any questions I might be able to help with just let me know.
Cheers,
Lance
 _GOTOTOP