_GOTOBOTTOM
Start Here (for Beginners)
This forum is for younger modelers or people just starting out in the hobby.
Airbrushing
Oddbod
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 03, 2011 - 08:17 AM UTC
Howdy just getting back in to the modeling game and thinking of getting a airbrush instead of the usual brush painting, Can anyone give me some tips whats the best to start with etc?

Cheers

Simon
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 03, 2011 - 09:30 AM UTC
Hello Simon from the United States, Russell here, thought I would talk about the Aztek airbrush line which I've used for over 13 years and really enjoy the ease and type of finish I get.

http://www.testors.com/category/136951/Airbrushes

I've posted a link for you to look at. The airbrush I used is a single/double action type, but it really is overkill since I use the double action function the most. The screw in screw out heads work well, although they can wear out and you have to replace them at a cost of about 11 dollars American.

The body of the airbrush is guaranteed by Testors, the manufacturer, so if there is a problem you can send it back to Testors and they will replace it free of charge.

I've enjoyed the finishes I've gotten with it. Although some will certainly say, properly so probably, that there are superior airbrushes, this is an excellent one to start with and perfect techniques with as well.

Take a look at my gallery photos if you like, all of the kits I have built are done with an Aztek. I consider myself an intermediate modeler, not great, but not poor either. Hope this helps some, any questions just ask. Happy modeling! Russell
 _GOTOTOP