_GOTOBOTTOM
Start Here (for Beginners)
This forum is for younger modelers or people just starting out in the hobby.
Posting Pictures To Forums
Keeperofsouls2099
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 2,798 posts
AeroScale: 2,443 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 02:38 PM UTC
I keep hearing quite a few that cant figure out How to post pictures to the forums so I'm going to walk you through it here step by step and hope admin makes it sticky.

Step #1 the easiest way is to set up an account on photo bucket its free and you get all the storage you could possibly need for pictures.You can sign up here
http://photobucket.com/

step #2 all you have to do is upload your pictures there is a big green button that states (upload pictures)once clicked it will ask you where do you wish to upload from file name(I created a folder just for model pics)Once selected you will select all the pictures to which you wish to upload and click select.this will upload them into photobucket and it will show you what you are uploading and ask to continue.click continue.Congratulations you have just uploaded to photobucket.

Step #3now to upload to the forums.When you run your mouse over the top of your picture you will see a drop down tab with the different codes for that picture.Go down to the( IMG CODE)right click and copy the entire code,now go to the forum post that you want to put it in and right click,now choose paste.BAM there it is posted do this with as many pictures as you have to post.

Option #2
using the Sites posting method

Step #1You will have to be logged in to do this.
Go to the (PHOTOS)tab at the top of the screen,right beside where you choose the (FORUMS)tab,click it and it will take you to (The kit maker gallery)

Step #2 Click the(MY PHOTOS)tab to the top left of the screen right above where it states (WELCOME YOUR NAME HERE).This will take you to your gallery.

Step #4 Click the (UPLOAD PHOTOS) tab to top right hand corner of the screen,right beside (LOGOUT)
This will bring up the upload screen with many slots that say (BROWSE)beside them.Click the first (BROWSE) key and it will bring up the file upload screen where you will go to the file/photo location wish to upload from.Click on the file and it will be highlighted now click(OPEN)yo will see the selected file in the first slot do this for each slot up to 10 photos.

STEP#5 Now click the (UPLOAD/SUBMIT) tab at the bottom of the screen after your images are processed you can now view them ,under your photos you will see(LINKED THUMBNAIL)with a line of code in the bar,beside this you will see what looks like a little picture frame click this and it will drop down the (HTML CODE)Highlight all the text with in the bar,now right click and copy.

STEP#6 Now go to the forum reply box where you want the picture to and right click,Now paste.

And BAM there it is hope this helps and clears up any confusion if anyone has anything to add feel free.
vonHengest
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
AeroScale: 372 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 03:28 PM UTC
Awesome tutorial Justin! Good call on giving the step-by-step for both Kitmaker and Photobucket
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 06:31 PM UTC
Nice job Justin.
While I can understand some initial confusion on how to post photos in forum threads, the method using Photobucket is exactly the same as all the other modelling sites on the internet, and certainly not unique to the Kitmaker Network.
Heres another tutorial focusing on uploading pictures from the modellers Kitmaker photo album account, complete with screen shots. Originally posted last May.
POSTING PHOTOS

Nige
Keeperofsouls2099
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 11:50 PM UTC
Thanks nige that's te way I wanted to do it but I don't have a program for screen shots
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2011 - 02:25 AM UTC
Great work, Justin! Thanks.

Quoted Text

Thanks nige that's te way I wanted to do it but I don't have a program for screen shots

I capture images from the screen with the PRINT SCREEN (prt scr) key. Then I open an image processing program like Photoshop, Paint.net, or even Paint. Open a NEW canvas and PASTE. Then crop and resize as able.
Keeperofsouls2099
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 29, 2011 - 12:27 AM UTC
Thanks
 _GOTOTOP