_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Feedback
Have a suggestion or topic about this site? Post it here.
Latest post feature for specific sites
wizard179
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 251 posts
AeroScale: 179 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 29, 2010 - 01:24 PM UTC
Hi all

Just noticed the pull down menu for site selection at the top of the forums window. Now that we have that is it possible (if not already planned) to remember the site selection preference. I normally only look at Aeroscale and to see latest posts it was previously a 2-step process and is now a 3-step process (at least once and then screen refreshes).

It would be great if it would default to my preference for Aeroscale and then I can go through the steps to get to other sites when I feel like a change.

Thanks
Damian
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 30, 2010 - 09:26 PM UTC
Hi Damian

Maybe Jim's been busy partly in response to the "site-swapping" issue raised recently, and also to allow for the growing number of sites in the Network.

I don't understand what you mean about it being a 3-stage process to look at Aeroscale's posts. Assuming you are already on Aeroscale, pressing the "this site" button filters out everything else in one shot.

All the best

Rowan
wizard179
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 251 posts
AeroScale: 179 posts
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2010 - 12:17 AM UTC
Hi Rowan

Thanks for the response. I don't remember seeing the "this site" button when I wrote the original post but noted it when I logged in today. I thought I may have been jumping the gun when I wrote but I was in a pro-active mood yesterday.

Love the site, keep up the great work.
Damian
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2010 - 01:02 AM UTC
Hi Damian

I have to admit that I hardly ever use the Latest Posts function , so I don't know if Jim has added the button since you first posted.

All the best

Rowan
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2010 - 01:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Damian

I have to admit that I hardly ever use the Latest Posts function , so I don't know if Jim has added the button since you first posted.

All the best

Rowan

I hardly ever use anythign else but latest posts.

My prefered option would be that the "this site aeroscale" would be immediately activated by clicking on the "forums" button.

alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2010 - 01:16 AM UTC
Well I always go the latest posts route and Damian is right there was a point yesterday when Jim had not have the "This site" button attached which meant two clicks more to get to the AeroScale LP ... but when I read this post this morning it was long solved ... anyway it works now and I am happy with this solution (did not like the first one: open drop down, select, go)

all the best

Steffen
 _GOTOTOP