_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Feedback
Have a suggestion or topic about this site? Post it here.
How can I share this?
md72
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 4,950 posts
AeroScale: 3,192 posts
Posted: Friday, April 16, 2010 - 05:01 PM UTC
To help with the P-40 Work truck campaign I've pulled together a couple of spread sheets with kits, decals and detail sets. I've even set up 1 sheet with hyperlinks to the detail manufacturers. If I try to cut and paste, I loose the hyperlinks and the formatting. Is there any way to share this work with the Kitmaker community? I'm not sure it's a review since I didn't make any judgments about the materials, just suggested that they once existed. Maybe a feature, but it's in Excel, not a tect editor?

So Mods, any ideas or suggestions?
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Friday, April 16, 2010 - 07:49 PM UTC
Hi Mark

I've hit similar trouble when people include spreadsheets as part of Feature articles. The formatting doesn't seem to translate properly and I usually resort to doing a screen-shot ( a poor solution at best).

In your case maybe a Google spreadsheet might work? You're supposed to be able to share your work online easily with them.

All the best

Rowan
md72
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 4,950 posts
AeroScale: 3,192 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2010 - 04:13 PM UTC
Google Docs almost worked. It eats the hyperlink and I'd have to re edit every line to make it work. But it looks like I can use Google to share the original Excel sheet via a link I can paste into a posting here on Aeroscale.

Thanks, this can be a real help for future campaigns to share kit, decal, detail and other info.

Thanks
 _GOTOTOP