_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
NEWS
"Lost"Ta 152 book finally printed!
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 09:44 AM UTC

Eagle Editions have anounced that Thomas H. Hitchcock''s long-lost study of the Ta 152, due for publication by Monogram Books over five years ago is all set to appear next month. This will be a new, expanded version, given the full Eagle Editions treatment.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 11:04 AM UTC
Looks like a great book! Just wish it wasn't so expensive! Oh well. I wonder if the RLM 84 color question is addressed in it?

I want to paint my TA-152H with that underside color and side fuselage color as well but the argument continues over whether it was a poorly mixed batch of RLM 76 or whether it was indeed a real color. Don't know. I may just paint it the way I want it and be done with it. Russell
stonar
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 337 posts
AeroScale: 309 posts
Posted: Friday, March 26, 2010 - 06:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I may just paint it the way I want it and be done with it. Russell

That's what I do. Chuck a completely unscientific quantity of yellow into my usual RLM 76 and be done with it. Unless some undiscovered documentation is turned up I doubt there will be an answer to the RLM 84 conundrum,certainly not in a book "finished" five years ago.
Cheers
Steve
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Friday, March 26, 2010 - 10:47 AM UTC
I have read elsewhere that Eagle Editions are honouring pre orders placed and paid for when the release was originally announced and are honouring the original price.
Sounds like some people are getting themselves a bargain!
Nige
miikey41
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Australia
KitMaker: 6 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Friday, March 26, 2010 - 05:48 PM UTC
Yes they may be honouring the original pre-purchase price 5 years ago but they are now saying that the postage offered prior is no longer available.

For international orders we now have to pay another USD$50 to cover International Priority postage!!!!! Surely there are other options to send mail overseas from the US of A????

Not thrilled at all......
FalkeEins
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 868 posts
AeroScale: 690 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 27, 2010 - 05:21 AM UTC
yep apparently there used to be a 'surface' option, but that no longer exists...and again, apparently, all they are doing is passing on these new mailing costs.
while I think in fairness EE have been more than reasonable in honouring monies paid five years ago to another company they should perhaps have offered refunds to those who don't want to pay the additional charges..
redalb2253
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 235 posts
AeroScale: 60 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 03:44 PM UTC
I have Dietmar Harmann's book on the Ta 152 and it's a really good read.
 _GOTOTOP