_GOTOBOTTOM
Start Here (for Beginners)
This forum is for younger modelers or people just starting out in the hobby.
Umm... Airliner, tanker!! So undecided
NickZour
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
AeroScale: 1,241 posts
Posted: Friday, November 06, 2009 - 12:26 AM UTC
This might sounds quite silly

I am so undecided of what kind of modeller would be

Airliner, tanker, shipmaker e.t.c. or All weather modeller??

There are plenty of kits and detail sets in my stash

Such as 1/48 F-16 blk 52+ w/ Aires detail set, 1/35 Tamiya KV II 1/72 s-100 revell e.t.c.

Hop you 'll understand me

Cheers Nick
TAFFY3
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,531 posts
AeroScale: 38 posts
Posted: Friday, November 06, 2009 - 02:45 AM UTC
Hello Nick, I'm an 'All Weather' modeler myself. I build ships, aircraft, armor (which led to a few dioramas), figures, and sci-fi. It all depends on what subject grabs me at the time. It might be a new kit of a subject I've always wanted (like Italeri's 1/35 PT boat or The V-100 armored car by Hobbyboss). It could be something I've read about, or seen on TV, that inspires my next project. I built a WW2 LVT-4 AMTRAC in 1/35 and was so happy with the way it came out that I built 3 more and started (but not yet finished) a fifth. The first one was built on a base so I could display it with the ramp down. This led to the following three being built in even more elaborate settings (the dioramas mentioned). Just build some thing and see where it leads you. Al
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Friday, November 06, 2009 - 01:45 PM UTC
Al is right Nick . Build what you find appealing weather it be a tank or plane . maybe even a muscle car or two . Doesn't matter what the subject is . If you like , build it !

I just don't do WW1 aircraft . I also do WW2 as well as motorbikes from choppers to racing ones . At one time I even did cars and armor . I also thinking about about doing a few display diao's for photographing them on .

Basical Nick , build what you like . Not what other people are doing . After all , we all have different taste in subjects .
NickZour
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
Posted: Friday, November 06, 2009 - 08:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

If you like , build it !

Thank you (both) very much

So... ALL WEATHER MODELLER

Example: I built an 1/700 model ship ww2 Missouri with Gold metal photoetch set, (it was my first ship I have ever build) and It won the bronze medal in the IPMS Hellas Contest

http://www.syros.gr/siros/forum/index.php/topic,3107.10.html
Go to the end of the page

Cheers Nick
NickZour
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 11:40 PM UTC
All Weather!! No!

100% Aviator

Cheers Nick