_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
FEATURE
1:48 F6F-3 Hellcat
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2009 - 09:43 PM UTC

Michael Wolfe (wingman) has built the weekend edition of the 1:48 scale Eduard F6F-3 Hellcat. The result is quite nice as you can see in this review build feature.

Thank you Eduard for providing the review sample!

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
johnb593
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 60 posts
AeroScale: 6 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 01, 2009 - 07:47 AM UTC
Good looking Hellcat Michael. I have a couple of these I plan to build "soon". LOL
mauserman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,183 posts
AeroScale: 40 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 09, 2009 - 04:53 AM UTC
Looks good Michael. And I agree with you about the tiny white decals. I'm finishing up Eduards F6F-5 and they're driving me nuts. I can't even find the serial number (think that's what it is anyway) that goes under NAVY on top of the tail.
Grenadier37
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 232 posts
AeroScale: 155 posts
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2009 - 06:31 AM UTC
Great looking Hellcat Mike.

Thanks for the article, I've been wondering if this kit was worth buying. Now I know.
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 880 posts
AeroScale: 654 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 - 03:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Good looking Hellcat Michael. I have a couple of these I plan to build "soon". LOL

Hi John, thanks. I have so many models in the stash there is no way that I will be able to build them all let alone find somewhere to display them when they're built. Thanks for the kind words, Wingman out.
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 - 03:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks good Michael. And I agree with you about the tiny white decals. I'm finishing up Eduards F6F-5 and they're driving me nuts. I can't even find the serial number (think that's what it is anyway) that goes under NAVY on top of the tail.

Hi Cary. I emailed Eduard and told them about it just to give them a heads up. All in all it was an enjoyable build. Thanks for the kind words, Wingman out.
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 - 03:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Great looking Hellcat Mike.

Thanks for the article, I've been wondering if this kit was worth buying. Now I know.

Hi Erik. Thank you. This was the first time I've built an Eduard kit. I would have no problem building another one when the time comes, I have to finish the Hasegawa Typhoon that I started. I really liked the realism of the wheels on the Eduard kit. Thanks for looking, Wingman out.
 _GOTOTOP