_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Feedback
Have a suggestion or topic about this site? Post it here.
How about splitting the various scales?
mauricethebear2009
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 34 posts
AeroScale: 17 posts
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 - 02:43 AM UTC
Hiya,
Much and all i love reading about everyone else's models in all their various scales i find it hard..almost impossible to find a lot on my scale of 1/72 scale...and other modellers who build in that scale..i've only just discovered this site after much searching on the internet..i'm still looking for a dedicated 1/72nd scale site...we used to be able to use Yahoo chat for modelling,but the idiots wrecked it for us..there's so many big scale modellers on here it's hard to find the small scale modellers...it's not a moan,just a thought...it's a great site all the same though...

Steve in the UK
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
AeroScale: 287 posts
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 - 03:59 AM UTC
Steve, here are some links to dedicated 1/72 scale armor sites. Through them, you may be able to find 1/72 scale sites in the genre you want (aircraft, ships, etc.). I hope they help.
http://www.onthewaymodels.com/index.html
http://braillescalecomp.com/default.html
http://www.172shermans.com/
CRS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,936 posts
AeroScale: 1,168 posts
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 - 04:01 AM UTC
Steve,

It is nice to see another devotee of 1/72nd scale. This site like most others does reflect the popularity of 1/48th scale (for aircraft), but there are plenty of 1/72nd builds here too. In my opinion it is better to co-mingle with the other scales, rather than set ourselves apart. Of the popular scales 1/32, 1/48, 1/72, and 1/144; 1/72nd comes in either 3rd or 4th depending on who you ask. We may finish back in the pack but at least we are in the race.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 - 10:36 AM UTC
Hi Steve

First off - welcome to Aeroscale - it's great to have you with us!

How to break down the content?... well, you can probably blame me for that !

We've inherited a few categories from our old Armorama beginnings but, where I have been able to rationalise things, I've gone for a subject (rather than scale) approach in organising the Forum. Within that, there's masses of 1/72 scale content and our Reviews try to cover the full spectrum of scales. (If you want to see more 1/72 scale reviews, we are always looking for new writers to let us know what they have on the work-bench... )

Our latest Poll gives a very interesting snapshot of how people see our hobby - it seems those who model strictly in one scale are in a minority (which does actually match my own case...)

All the best

Rowan
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
AeroScale: 510 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 - 07:04 AM UTC
Since some of the forums don't have sub-groups and some are not well utilized, we could opt to create scale sub-groups (1/72, 1/48, 1/24, etc) and that way those topics could be more easily filtered. It was also allow us to have filtered versions of AeroScale that could have homepages dedicated to just 1/72 (or other scale) content as we already collect this data for features and reviews.

Jim
 _GOTOTOP